Bill O’Reilly points finger at “God” after accusations of sexual harassment

11 Likes

Pretty much any of it.

2 Likes

Mad at which God though?

3 Likes

They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”
Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

Oh wait…

12 Likes

Moral of the story? If god tells you your home is trash, you better agree or he’ll turn you into spices.

4 Likes

I can’t see Trump using the “Ivanka got me drunk” excuse.

4 Likes

Pleasant dreams everyone…

3 Likes

Between that comment and this image:

I kinda hate you guys right now.

*shudders

*lolz

11 Likes

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God will protect us from the consequences of our own sinful behavior. I’d suggest that O’Really try repentance instead of bluster and self-righteousness.

6 Likes

You know, I didn’t even read it like that. I saw it not as O’Reilly blaming god for not protecting him from the consequences of his actions as much as “I’m one of god’s chosen, why am I not allowed to do what I want with impunity?”

This is one human garbage dump, that I would not shed a tear over, should he be found bound and gagged on the side of the road by a troupe of homicidal clowns.

14 Likes

Yeah, well, mentioning Lot always sets my teeth on edge.

“Don’t bother these angels, take my daughters!”
“My wife turned into a pillar of salt, yeah, that’s the ticket.”
“My daughters got me drunk and had their way with me, because I was the only man in 5 km.” (In that history-packed region, a voice in the wilderness probably got noise complaints from three villages.)

9 Likes

I Blame God
by Jo Carol Pierce

I can’t blame you for leaving me

Especially since I drove you to, but I do

Can you blame me for my part which was just to be born

Too stupid to know my own heart

If we tell the truth

If the blame be laid—with the creator who made

This world without end

His original sin

A world in which you and I live—apart

Yes, I blame God

He’s the only one original enough to make a mess like this

Even he can’t clean up—I blame God

I didn’t do this myself—I had divine assistance

Yes I did

I blame God

I know you were torn by all of those things

Jesus Christ told me to do

I don’t blame you for blaming me for all this pain

The things that I did—tore me up too

[Oh …]

I know we were meant to be together etern’

We would be if it weren’t for him

This world without end

His original sin

A world in which you and I live—apart

I blame God—he’s the only one original enough to make a mess like this even he can’t clean up

I blame God

You’d have to be a deity, to be this mean

And you know, that’s just not me

And I blame God

2 Likes

A good place to start is Matthew 25, starting with verse 31. Or Luke 10, verses 25 through 37. And you can even look them up online at www.biblegateway.com. (Pick a modern English translation such as the NIV.) If you read with an open mind, you’ll soon be wondering “where do the Evangelicals come up with the stuff they spout?”

5 Likes

I have a much simpler explanation for this particular bit of weirdness from Bill: Whiskey. He’s blogging drunk. Again.

4 Likes

It was interesting enough to comment on though, as opposed to others, :slight_smile:

1 Like

For heaven sake, does O’Reilly not understand the whole point of his Adam&Eve story - his god gave him free will, and the responsibility that comes with it - can’t blame the big guy because someone stole an apple

6 Likes

Nope, it’s the divine plan. Everything’s been decided and set in motion eons ago. I don’t know why anybody bothers to get out of bed in the morning.

2 Likes

More like, his god set them up to fail, knew that was what he was doing, since he’s omnipotent and omnicient, then got mad at his own imperfect beings he made imperfect on purpose, for being imperfect and doing exactly what he knew they would do.

The god’s pretty screwed up and evil if you ask me.

9 Likes

Probably nowhere near as soon as he should. Like, you know, a long time ago.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty much what he’s there for. That and keeping the holy men in cashmere sweaters and Rolls Royces. Well, some of them anyway. Not all holy men are created equal.

1 Like