Billionaire "centrist" Howard Schultz tweets column calling Elizabeth Warren "Fauxcahontas"

Billionaires need to find new hobbies. Can’t Richard Branson just build a day camp for these guys to keep them off the streets? #LSSC pic.twitter.com/bBPfK5MI9w

— The Late Show (@colbertlateshow) January 29, 2019
21 Likes

He’s described as centrist?

Is centrist, “My economic platform is that the rich get richer, and my social platform is that women are shrill”?

43 Likes

You know, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone being excited or even vaguely positive about Schultz. He’s a candidate with no demand for him, no constituency, no question to where he’s an answer. A pure vanity campaign, in other words.

24 Likes

The overton window is a hell of a thing…

23 Likes

welcome to the new center?

3 Likes

He’s a coffee guy, so Howard Peaberries.

4 Likes
20 Likes

Howard Manyhowards

1 Like

Shrill - the sexist dog whistle that implies she’s a “whiny bitch” for which there is no equal criticism of men, though, if there was one, would definitely apply to Trump and Graham and Cruz and others.

19 Likes

All I know is that there’s a news sub-editor out there, getting twitchy, waiting, all because they want to be the first person to run the headline: HOWARD’S END.

(Maybe they’ll cheat a little and run: HOWARD’s END?)

15 Likes

images

31 Likes

Season? There’s no such thing anymore, only a short break between the last election and the seating of the new congress, then it all starts again immediately.

7 Likes

Yeah, I know… the 24 hour news cycle demands content!

9 Likes

I suppose it does. It’s so strange to watch, here we have maybe two or three months of actual campaign before an election. I don’t want to think how much money will be spent before even a single primary vote is cast.

5 Likes

You are my favorite recent BBS member because your messages are always like little brilliant poems.

21 Likes

So much for his claim that he’s a serious and sober-minded and civil alternative to a billionaire* who uses Twitter to send schoolyard taunts about women he doesn’t like.

15 Likes

Damn it!
That’s just …perfect
Damn it to hell!

6 Likes

Oh my, that’s so nice…
a different poster seemed quite
Peeved
at my posting "style’,.
which is really just a habit.

15 Likes

Such a waste of money and time… I’m all for short election cycles and public money funding most elections… Corporate funding of elections is part of what got us here in the first place…

13 Likes

“It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven,” Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. [said] in a statement. “Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

1 Like