Billionaire chronicles

Larry Ellison mea culpa as traffic cop stops Big Red boss on own island

12 Likes
7 Likes

This is probably the incorrect thread to post this, for now, parking it here:

7 Likes

What happens to Davos protestors who arenā€™t rich?

10 Likes

ā€œTax the rich.ā€

And the churches!

11 Likes

In Germany, church taxes you!

8 Likes

Well yes, if you want it to (according to the video).

Thanks, TIL

4 Likes
10 Likes

Another Silicon Valley Tech Bro arrives, riding the latest wave of AI mania.

I wonder if heā€™ll be able to convert his Tech Bro billions into real billions before ChatGPT drops faster than a Pet Rock?

Heā€™s got the self-absorbed pseudo-profundity down pat, but then, he knows Elon Musk.

12 Likes

Ooooh, ā€œa rare interviewā€!

Is there some sort of ceremony I should perform prior to basking in the wisdom of this latest oracle?

16 Likes

If youā€™re thinking along the lines of Bacchanalia Iā€™m in.

6 Likes

And other people.

Accelerator? I think they mean Accelerationist.

7 Likes
4 Likes

ETA because I canā€™t post thrice in a row:

4 Likes

Not long ago, inspired by a story about Twitter blocking an account that tracked and tweeted the location of CEO Elon Muskā€™s private jet, the tech-savvy young Seattleite set up his own website using publicly available information to track private jetsā€”but for a different purpose.

Shendure wanted to draw attention to the climate footprints of Americaā€™s richest individuals and their outsized travel habits. His project, ClimateJets.org, calls out those people and families by name, based on his calculations of the carbon dioxide emissions resulting from their private jet excursions.

15 Likes
7 Likes

shrek GIF

15 Likes

Aw man, I really wanted to hate her, but she has some beautiful classic lines. Would love to see her under sail.

5 Likes

She didnā€™t choose the tug life, the tug life chose her.

10 Likes

ā€œ417-foot boatā€

You can always hate her for being measured in Imperial units. :wink:

10 Likes