Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein has been arrested for trafficking dozens of young girls for sex

I listened so you don’t have to:

“Pe-do-phile”

7 Likes

However, as is typical, “Florida Man” is actually “New York man” with open warrants.

9 Likes

Public Corruption Unit of the Southern District of New York

I find this interesting.

The unit oversees the investigation and prosecution of corruption crimes committed by elected and appointed officials, government employees, and individuals and companies doing business with the city, state, and federal government.
[Emphasis mine]

Does that portend larger fish?

There are other units that seem like a fit for a pedophile ring if no one big is involved. Anyone with experience care to comment?

9 Likes

And lets not forget the potentially massive story still tied to this that no major news outlet is willing to touch with a 10 foot pole. (I could find one Vox article):
Allegedly, in 1994 Trump violently raped 13 year old Katie Johnson at a party held by Jeffrey Epstein. She went to court in 2016 and Trump was scheduled to answer the allegations in front of a judge on December 16, 2016, but she dropped her case because she feared for her life.
Though I hope such a horrific crime it is not true, she still deserves to be heard.

15 Likes

Rob Halford: a man who has no history of creeping on teenage girls.

4 Likes

We call those guys “North Floridians”

3 Likes

That’s an interesting Daily Beast article. It includes this:

Last week two victims publicly alleged that Ghislaine procured them for Epstein, one at age 15 from a Mar-a-Lago country club locker room.

They’re comin for you, Donny!

May God (or whatever good you believe in) bless Jane Doe 1 & 2, & bring peace to the other surviviors. They are women of valor to have come this far.

6 Likes

Such a cheap potboiler plot we’re stuck in these days.

And the only way he could avoid the law was to become. . . THE PRESIDENT!

16 Likes

So we should assume that they are narcissistic pedophiles instead? Of course someone might be hiding their horrible true nature behind a veil of niceness, appearances can be deceptive… but I choose to live in a world where my default assumption is not that everyone is a monster.

My earlier point was merely to suggest that it is not everyone who might (by nobodies such as ourselves) appear to belong to the powerful “elite” who chose to socialize with seamy individuals like Epstein. Just because there are a lot of rich and powerful people who did, doesn’t mean everybody who was positioned to did.

2 Likes

jabf16_07_fbi_truck

8 Likes

Someone who was 13 in 1994 was born in 1981.

You know, like Ivanka.

6 Likes

Please don’t put words in my mouth, especially since I carefully couched my language in my original post to be sure I did not say this.

All I said was one shouldn’t assume that someine’s carefully scripted PR appearances have any correlation with their “goodness” / “kindness”.

And consider reading “The Gift of Fear” because assuming performative niceness means someone is not dangerous can end badly.

1 Like

While I do not know that for a fact, it does seem pretty unlikely. :wink:

5 Likes
20 Likes

I’ll be unsurprised. The man is well known for sexual harassment and people who crave imbalanced relationships for sexual gratification are often drawn to youth.

9 Likes
16 Likes

LOL. This Carter guy seems so sure none of his allies have dark secrets.

1 Like

No, you’re missing his point.

He’s absolutely certain that anyone who has enough money to be a part of Epstein’s circle is not his ally. Regardless of which party they identify with.

18 Likes

Frankly I have zero problem with all of them seeing some kind of legal trouble from this.

Except maybe Chelsea Handler. She was always a “Never Was” celebrity. So I can’t see her having much pull about keeping his foibles out of the public eye.

Plus she acted with Muppets. Which means I have to cut her some slack as a matter of principle.

Still up in the air as to what kind of audience they were going for with that series.

5 Likes

I see a “comic novel”.

4 Likes