Birds Aren't Real group holds rally in Springfield, Missouri

Classic departmental in-fighting! Like the NSA, FBI and CIA but with feathers.

6 Likes

Dead Birds? Those are just Crisis Actors!

14 Likes

Judging by the way crows and other corvids continually gang up on ravens, I don’t think the ravens have theories about a conspiracy, they know!

4 Likes

Why would anyone fry a paper-based financial instrument? What has this got to do with birds?

What is fried check?

2 Likes

When you get your first paycheck from working at a fried chicken place, you commemorate the occasion by frying the check up in the fryer. These days, they don’t use a real check, of course. That would be unsanitary.

5 Likes

Mostly they just parrot what they heard from some crazy old coot.

12 Likes

Oookaaay… so the answer to

… is from the paychecks of novice chicken frying operatives?

Hmmm.

@Mister44 WTF is ‘fried check’? Is it some sort of dumb typo or autocorrect error, or is it some weird sort of regional US idiom previously unseen in these quarters? WTF is it?

Or is ‘fried check’ some sort of tartan pattern that has been utterly fucked up? And what would that have to do with birds?

1 Like

Fried chicken? As long as it isn’t fried Czech, I’m OK with it.

3 Likes

Yeah, look at the chemtrails crowd.

3 Likes

Competing governments.

1 Like

My theory on fried check? Birds can’t type. Soon the Captchas will ask are you a robot or bird? I refuse to crow about it.

3 Likes

@FSogol And now I’m raven-ous

7 Likes

Half of birds are real. The robot ones are sophisticated, and so don’t get hit by cars or die of old age. Ever seen a pigeon walking calmly as a car careers towards it? It’s a robot that knows it can dodge if need be.
(P.S. The scientists developed self-replicating robot-pigeons with the assumption that they’d think of a purpose later, but now that they’re out in the wild it’s too late. It’s cool, they’re just just normal, benign pigeons, but robots)

4 Likes

I’ve seen one get flattened by a bus. Having watched and dealt with pigeons, I’m inclined to believe that they are just stupid, they have adapted to the idea that human spaces have lots of food but haven’t adapted to the idea that human spaces have lots of new hazards and maybe they should stay in the woods if they can’t learn.

3 Likes

Favorite sign at the rally?

“Pigeons are liars!”

2 Likes

No one will convince me that this bird isn’t a tape recorder.

10 Likes

These turkeys are just trying to get your goose.

8 Likes

In WWII, they taught pigeons to pilot bombs.

2 Likes

Birds aren’t real. They are dinosaurs. Prove me wrong! :laughing:

14 Likes

Fun fact: this video is not narrated. There’s just another lyre bird offscreen doing an Attenborough impression.

17 Likes