Boing Boing is 20 (or 33) years old today

Hurrah!

13 Likes

I remember when I was 20, 2/3rds of my life ago.

6 Likes

Congrats and thanks BB!

5 Likes

I will turn 48 years old in a couple of weeks. And I must have found your online presence not too long after you began it, having gotten my AOL account back in '96 or so.

It has been the site that I recommend to others for a solid twenty years, and continues to be just a joy to check on every time I get online. I’ve gotten to know all of you, and your preferences, your politics, your interests, and your personalities along the way. I am a better, more educated, more insightful, and more interesting person because of all of you, and I do not know how to thank you for it. But I do thank you. And I donate to your causes (because they have become my causes), and I look forward to what hopefully will continue to be the single best site on the whole interwebs, hands down, without question, full stop.

Keep up the groundbreaking and world changing work that you do, and again, thank you for all the pictures of bananas for scale. (Just look at it.)

:slight_smile:

14 Likes

Happy birthday :slight_smile: Thanks for all the links!

8 Likes

I’ve been reading Boing Boing since about 2009. Can’t remember how I found it. Some random link from somewhere else probably.

5 Likes

Happy birthday folks. Your website gives me pleasure every day, and there aren’t many other things in the world about which I can say that.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!

This is incredibly exciting. It’s funny, I’ve been reading BoingBoing almost daily since 2001, but it wasn’t until today that I found out when the online version started.

It’s no exaggeration to say that BB has been one of the most persistent intellectual and cultural influences of my life. The views the writers have shared have shaped the way I think, and this is one of the only places on the internet in which the comments make the content better.

My hat is off to all of you. I’m thankful to be a small part of this community.

6 Likes

Happy Boingday to you all! Thanks for entaining and educating us through many ups and downs. Happy Mutants unite

5 Likes

Happy birthday, and glad you made 20. Thanks to the now-departed ntk.net for linking Boing Boing under a list labelled “The Usual Suspects”.

10 Likes

I couldn’t say it better than everyone else before me, but bOing bOing is a constant source of inspiration, knowledge and leads on amazing, weird, fun, funny, crafty, amazing and profound nuggets of all sorts. The webs would be a much darker place without this bright light.

10 Likes

You all are living the dream!

Thanks for all the thoughtful posts–and commentary from reader higher-up’s, as well.

3 Likes

Congrats, and thanks for all the great work!

1 Like

craigslist? genuinely curious…

1 Like

i just keep telling everyone i’m 21. forever 21. that’s my story and i’m sticking to it

2 Likes

They belong in a museum!

(But seriously, maybe your local library will take them? Mine has a zine section but the catalog search didn’t turn up any mention of BB…)

1 Like

If not for BB, would I be aware enough to just look at those bananas?

I think not.

9 Likes

Imgur

is it about news or is just the computer

2 Likes

No. An email list…which cannot be named (I think I mentioned that already).

2 Likes

Hey! I resemble that comment!

4 Likes