The Boing Boing blog turns 19 today

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/21/old-enuf-to-vote.html

27 Likes

Happy CakeDay BoingBoing!
Take your pick from here…

27 Likes

Congratulations to all of the Happy Mutants. It’s a significant accomplishment to keep any independent content outlet operating for this long, let alone a non-paywalled Web site devoted to the wonderful and the weird.

31 Likes

Lets Eat!

22 Likes

Late to the scene, but happy to have found it. Happy birthday!

17 Likes

Congratulations on the milestone! Boing Boing inspired me to start blogging 14 years ago.

20 Likes

Happy birthday to all y’all. Late to the party but love you much.

11 Likes

Here, we hear the mermaids singing, each to each, and here, they do sing to us! Happy Birthday, bOINGbOING.

15 Likes

Happy birthday Boing Boing, may your beacon of wisdom, reason and whimsy carry on for another 19 years.

14 Likes

How old is that in internet years?

19 Likes

Bonne Anniversaire.

15 Likes

https://technologyadvice.com/blog/marketing/expert-interview-what-the-internet-and-dog-years-have-in-common/

11 Likes

Happy birthday to my favorite website for showing cool/interesting/sad/real things without prattling on about it!

9 Likes

Happy birthday! I started reading BoingBoing in June, 2005 – a friend shared the sad news that David C. Sutherland III had passed away, and sent me this link:

Sad news, but I was amazed by your blog. And I couldn’t believe that Cory “Craphound” Doctorow was a blogger – not only did I read the original story in the original magazine, when it came out; your essay “Meta-Crap” was required reading in library school. Anyway, I’ve been one of those “long time readers, first time commenters”, because I was reading daily for about ten years before I created an account.

Here’s to another 19 years!

10 Likes

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

10 Likes

T S Eliot references are always appreciated.

I should have been a pair of rugged claws, scuttling across the floor of silent seas.

7 Likes

Just furthering the “trousers rolled” article tag, but thanks, and cheers!

5 Likes

Many happy returns!

5 Likes

I still have some of the zines around somewhere that predate the website (and long predate the blog). I’m going to avoid looking at the dates on any of them for fear of feeling old…

8 Likes

The post title is doing that well enough already.

7 Likes