šŸ’„ ARE YOU OLD? šŸ’„

Iā€™ve claimed that Iā€™ve completely stopped caffeine, butā€¦ Thatā€™s a lie. There is a beverage that has 35 mg of caffeine that I occasionally have (its from Green tea, so it has l theanine as well which is a caffeineā€¦ Iā€™m gonna use the wrong wordā€¦ Antagonist?)

There isnā€™t a price I wouldnā€™t pay for coffee scented air.

5 Likes

##STARTUPIDEAS 

10 Likes

Am I old? Well, I have to go without anything but clear liquids from last night until at least 3:00pm tomorrow in preparation for a colonoscopyā€¦so, yeah.

16 Likes

Just because I always gotta be meā€¦ I havenā€™t decided which is worse, a colonoscapy or a cyctocospy. Both of them leave me with the feeling of wanting a hug from a maternal figure.

(Thatā€™s not supposed to go there!!!)

6 Likes

#creepy

2 Likes

Iā€™m told propofol is the next best thing

2 Likes

It might be in relation to any of my mothers (yes, plural, and none of them have been even slightly maternal), but thatā€™s damning with faint praise.

Anything which works against caffeine should be called an agonist.

Or maybe agonizer.

1 Like

On days when Iā€™m off coffee, I put a spoonful matcha powder directly into a bottle of lemonade or orange juice and shake it up to blend. It looks impressively like swamp water. I put matcha in my smoothies. Itā€™sā€¦ useful. I completely agree about theanine.

I drink green tea too (Ito-En brand at Costco is relatively cheap, given its superior flavor and quality), but who has the time toā€¦ likeā€¦ wait for water to boil and then you have to wait for it to steep and everything? Sheesh. Ocha (hot green tea) is for when I have nearly 8 extra minutes in the kitchen.

#WorkLifeBalance #StillWorkingOnIt
4 Likes

Watch out for holes in your stomach and intestines. Thatā€™s a pretty caustic cocktail, you could strip paint with that. (Dairy is your friend.)

1 Like

Isnā€™t this just a long pause in the coffee-tea aisle at the grocery store? Are tickets involved?

Always feel much more at home when I walk into a house that smells like coffee, coffee beans, etc. This, from someone whose parents did not drink coffee ever. The house I grew up in never had coffee-scented air in it.

1 Like

I hear you.
My coffee is half dairy (itā€™s half-and-half). You called it!

I usually end up eating breakfast tacos for ballast. Egg potato (sweet or russet or both) cactus cilantro and greens. And a lot of salsa.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what I do: green tea into water, leave in fridge for 5 hours, strain tea out. Non-bitter iced green tea any time you want. Microwave for a bit if you want it hot.

A nice warm cup of good quality green tea is reserved for when I actually have the time to savor it.

5 Likes

Elevator pitch: Itā€™s like a long pause in the coffee-tea aisle at the grocery store meets Uber.

3 Likes

I remember 1975.

5 Likes

Have fun! :wink:

Iā€™m overdue for #3 (nothing bad, just family history). Thank you for my reminder! :expressionless:

3 Likes

Itā€™sā€¦ itā€™sā€¦ cold-brew tea.

Mmmm. Iā€™ve certainly done the olā€™ ā€œmason jar on the counter full of tea leaves left out for a dayā€ thing. I was doing this to a Darjeeling for a while and it was soooo sweet-tasting. Kinda wild.

I needed this reminder. Thanks.

I agree that a hot green tea practically demands one sit still, savor it, and stop everything else one is doing. I have climbing jasmine that is in full bloom outside, and sometimes before the fam is all awake and stuff I go outside (even if itā€™s cold) and sit next to it in the dark and drink hot green tea. I can usually see the stars (a lot of them) out where we live. Itā€™s nicer when the moon phase is in new or barely a quarter.

Thanks yā€™all for your gentle herding me along lifeā€™s more pleasurable paths.

3 Likes
6 Likes

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/hardware/Nose-Hair-Trimmer
Pocket Rotary Hair Trimmer

(not actual size! itā€™s about as big as a human finger)

My DH has this on his desk at home. Itā€™s something to do while reading XKCD or updating WordPress, etc.

As long as weā€™re talking oldsters sitting at desks, he has a golf ball on the floor by his chair. Behold:

I had the 1978 Ford Thunderbird version of that, in red. It was my grandfatherā€™s car. The two doors were MASSIVE, four feet long monsters. The upholstery was plush. It was a fine make out machine, the front seat was a big bench. Such an awesome land yacht. I think it got about 7 miles to the gallon.

2 Likes