đŸ’„ ARE YOU OLD? đŸ’„

I remember seeing those rotary nose hair trimmers at my old-timer barber shop in the 1970s and 80s. They came on a card that shrieked in large print, DON’T PULL HAIR FROM NOSE, may cause fatal infection

4 Likes

Here’s an ad with similarly hysterical warnings.

1 Like
  1. I am so, so old.
  2. I helped my youngest kiddo move into the dorms at TX Tech. where she’s starting on their Music Ed. program.
25 Likes

I am so old! Yesterday I was discussing with 3rd year uni-students “how weird” it is that I grew up without cell phones or computers! “Like, how did you get around the city or meet up with people?” - “we used maps and we set times/places to meet and then we’d be there at that time and at that place.” - “OMG so weird!”

18 Likes
  1. I am old.
  2. I no longer believe in “a well balanced diet” as my body’s tolerance for two food groups petered out due to age and hormonal changes. I have to pay attention to what I eat because my Ferrari metabolism is now a Segway.
  3. I used to think my mom was heavy at her weight and my age. I am the same weight she was (when she was healthy) and my age-cohorts worry I may be too thin and lose my curves.
  4. I am asking my age-cohorts what anti-aging skincare products they use.
18 Likes
  1. I am old.
  2. My metabolism was at best an MG, now it’s closer to a Vespa.
11 Likes

I am old.

They put up more stop signs in my neighborhood, and I was glad.

17 Likes

ALL THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE

Seriously. Its also not expensive!

4 Likes

It just occurred to me that Drax is the inverse of the Darmok and Jalad aliens from ST:TNG.

8 Likes

For the original topic:

1. I am getting older.
  2. Today is my 31st birthday. :scream:
19 Likes

happy birthday, i got you
 snark :smiley:

13 Likes

31?!?!?!?!?!?

21 Likes

Pfft! That’s not old, that’s barely cracking the seal.

17 Likes

16 Likes

(I believe I originally got this here, from you
)

15 Likes

You did not, but I deffo got it from you!

(And need it desperately on a t-shirt.)

8 Likes

Hm. Seems like it was someone here? Oh well! Good stuff! A shirt would be perfect.

5 Likes

Not sure which I prefer.

https://www.spreadshirt.com/darmok+and+jalad+at+tanagra+color+men-s-A9520715?affiliateId=7555

https://www.etsy.com/listing/182950397/darmok-and-jalad-at-tanagra-front-only?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_e-clothing-unisex_adult_clothing-tops_and_tees&utm_custom1=824c5e3d-9102-4275-a51d-3828e3470658&gclid=CLf3vKjN384CFZU1aQodUjEDJA

5 Likes

In a couple of weeks, kids who weren’t even born when 9/11 happened will be old enough to get a driver’s learners permit.

Macaulay Caulkin is old enough to run for president this year. I recall reading a sci-fi novel that mentioned “President Caulkin.”

I am amazed I ever managed to find anyplace without GPS. I had a lot of napkins with crude maps and directions written on them, and a road atlas. And I got lost a lot
 but that was okay because gas was about 60 cents a gallon.

13 Likes

My metabolism has always been like a Lancia

from

to

13 Likes