šŸ’„ ARE YOU OLD? šŸ’„

Benign, I hope?

1 Like

The many references to the baby she birthed is a pretty good clue!

10 Likes

Oh yeah, thatā€™s right! :smiley: Well, I just didnā€™t want to assume anythingā€”but I was forgetting that!

6 Likes

Now now, I think we all saw that documentary with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Make no assumptions.

6 Likes

So Iā€™m late back to this party, but geez @slybevel, what @Stynx @chgoliz @zfirphdn said! Thanks for having my back, yā€™all.

8 Likes

1: Yes.
2: My grandfather, who I remember well and fondly, was born in the 19th Century and died at age 78.

1: No!
2: In 2015, I repeatedly thrashed multiple people well under thirty years old in various kinds of armored combat sports. And some of them I didnā€™t get to thrash because they ran away.

7 Likes

Four of mine, as well! And two only missed it by a couple of years. (Full disclosure: I had a lot more than the usual 4.)

4 Likes

Iā€™m 55, motherfucker. You decide.

12 Likes

Anyone that uses motherfucker in casual conversation isnā€™t old. :smiley:

11 Likes

Aw cā€™mon, donā€™t leave us all here guessing. This is just soā€¦ so cryptic. [quote=ā€œjaphroaig, post:127, topic:71190ā€]
all the things I canā€™t think of,
[/quote]
Given this extremely creative community here on the bOING bbs, if you ever need suggestions re The Things, weā€™ll all be happy to pitch ideas your way. Probably needs to be its own thread though, I think.

3 Likes

I wonder if heā€™s forgotten to pack anything?

4 Likes
  1. Yesā€¦ ish.

2. I canā€™t believe Iā€™m actually seriously considering undergoing a colonoscopy. I have two very different friends (each of whom had bowel cancers caught in time, one ate a fantastically clean diet and one ate anything and everything) who are on my case about this. When I had real health insurance and a family practice physician, she looked at my family history and also said I should get one. In my 20s I was wearing black t-shirts, fraying jeans, living in a 3800-square foot warehouse full of rats, painters, musicians etc. in south Austin. Back then I thought colonoscopies were for 80-year olds or something.

3. I read books printed on paper. I prefer them that way. And I like to own books.

8 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have any space left in the houseā€¦ which is why I am so glad Seattle has an awesome library and I can purchase some of the bigger tomes of stuff I canā€™t get there in digital format.

3 Likes

Last night I said goodbye to my mother in law, my sister in law, and had my last pint at the local watering hole. Today I am buying chains for my tires. Tomorrow I select the appropriate towel for my journey, and Saturday I ride!!

(to San Jose)
10 Likes

Do you know the way?

6 Likes

Well this appears to have been sorted out in my absence. Well done peoples. To make it clear, yes I am a Ms (or Mrs, donā€™t care either way) and the other half is a Mr. He usually prefers Adodo online, but here I like the idea of him being called Mr Xanthe Stone.

14 Likes

Iā€™m getting off his lawn in any case.

And thanks to the legion who chimed in to correct me. I did welcome it, after all.

11 Likes

if you will forgive my impetuousness, i do believe Laird XantheStone is the proper title.

6 Likes

But his ancestry is Chinese, not Scottish.

1 Like

that hardly matters :smiley:
anyone can rock tweed and a deerstalker.

6 Likes