Border family separation isn't "zero tolerance" - CBP looked for parents to charge so they could kidnap kids

The “no true Christian” fallacy, applied to every Christian sect by every other one. Evangelicalism is a Protestant Christian movement going back centuries. You don’t get to wash your hands of them just because they may not be your particular flavour.

Okay.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
– Mark 16:15-16

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
– Mark 10:29-30

And on and on…

(I could comment in more detail, but I didn’t feel quite ready to upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus.)

7 Likes

This why I call these types of right-wingers “Xtianists”, whatever sect to which they claim to belong. For them religious doctrine exists only as cherry-picked justification for an ideology of selfishness, exclusion, bigotry, authoritarianism, and self-satisfaction.

While Xtianists have a particular affinity for evangelical Protestantism, they’re also well represented amongst ultramontane Catholics and the shriveled hierarchy of the Church of LDS.

3 Likes

6 Likes

It worked so well in Argentina.

5 Likes

Yes, I was thinking of countries like Argentina where dissidents’ children were given to loyal families.

4 Likes

So I’m not an American, and I live in Canada. Over the last 5 years I’ve been to the US with my family about 5 times - Hawaii, LA to visit friends and make the mouse pilgrimage, Seattle (a few times) and Vegas for a kids hockey tournament.

I can honestly say I am not going to be bringing my family to the US anytime soon. I am not the ‘target market’, being white, Canadian and not actually interested in living in the US at all.* That said, the border guard has the ability to take my kids away and then ‘lose’ them if they choose to do that. Fuck that. I can spend my money anywhere, and it sure won’t be in a budding fascist state, at risk to my family.

*The fact that ICE taking my kids away is absurdly unlikely doesn’t actually make it OK.

4 Likes

They might want to try fixing that demographic problem.

(While fetching that image, there were a bunch shooped with Obama and Sanders. Bloody projecting Republicans!)

4 Likes

I’m more than a little curious about the motivation for what they’re doing. Sure, this reminds me a lot of how Native American children got taken from their homes and ramrodded through European schools specifically to make sure that they had the “correct” view of society, the world, and themselves, but the kids come from Mexico and countries further south, all of which still exist in fairly vibrant fashion.
Is it just bullying under color of authority? I mean, what kind of place could these kids have in American society if the administration successfully keeps them incarcerated until age 18? No culture of their own, as such, and thoroughly indoctrinated into seeing themselves as bottom-class people. Are they trying to create legions of literal cannon-fodder troops for the military, or just a new supply of kids for human trafficking purposes?
If the administration just wants to “scare” immigrants out of trying to immigrate to the U.S., then why are they keeping them in prisons-in-all-but-name?
I just don’t understand what passes for the thought process, unless it’s sheer mindless bullying because they can and no one seems able to stop them.

That would probably be an improvement. In this case, the administration seems to subject the children to severe indoctrination into thinking of themselves as desperate and without any hope except to please their ‘adoptive’ families however they can.
In other words, creating a new slave-class in all but name.

You were able to identify bias and obfucsation at a very early age. That meant your indoctrination into “loyalty to 'Murikuh” had failed miserably…

References?!
While its pretty obvious that the purpose of this policy is to separate & traumatize children in order to pull at the heart-strings of liberals and I would personally find it satisfying if they no longer had plausible deniability, I am having trouble verifying this story.
The source of the data they mentioned (where they got the “only 30% arrested and most had children” idea from) seems to be legit, but I can’t find any detailed analysis of the data online.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.