Boris Johnson, British Prime Minister, hospitalized with "persistent" coronavirus symptoms

Thanks for that (though I am familiar with this picture and its notes), rather my point was that there are 10 people in that picture and one of them is anonymous. He may be grateful for that now. :wink:

PS I’m fairly confident Gove is not in the second pic and reasonably confident Hilton is not there either. But would be happy to be proved otherwise, they’re both utter fuckers, of an ilk with this lot.

1 Like

No. Just no.

And don’t confuse ethics with morality. Morality is a category for a specific group of humans, e.g. a religious group. Ethics applies to all human beings, and beyond.

And no, I don’t want to discuss this further. No derailing.

Johnson and all others, even the biggest arseholes, do not deserve to die that way. Noone should die that way. Full stop.

5 Likes

That can’t be his real name

11 Likes

That’s all well and good
but when is it Donald Shitler’s turn?

That’s horrifying. We’re doing the same and felt pretty safe until reading this.
Any ideas how your neighbor got it?

She has no idea, she is convinced she had made herself as safe as possible. I don’t suppose she will ever find out.

1 Like

My worry box is as big as a case of toilet paper from amazon prime (biggest box we have). The problem is that last time I went to go place a worry into it, it fell right out the side where windows and a door were cut into it. The box itself has been turned upside-down and drawn on repeatedly to look like a house/castle/cave depending on the mood of my 8/12 year olds.

One box. Some paint. Scissors. ~6hrs of happiness and arguments over design choices.

Hope that lightens the mood a bit.

8 Likes

Just look at his socks; it’s bleeding obvious that this one is a cad and a bounder.

4 Likes

I expected Labour to become a bit more Blairite under Starmer, but this comes as a shock

5 Likes

Heh, I went to school with a von Maltzahn.
Nice guy, from one of the many impoverished lines. Had five or six first names, none of them exotic, and just went by Dieter.

(Nice touch using the picture of another old Etonian, BTW.)

6 Likes

Sending my thoughts and prayers. No seriously. Well, also, I hope he can get a haircut while he’s in hospital…

I can’t work out what point you’re trying to make: most people don’t use their middle names in public life?

It’s pretty clear that he infected … his partner, who is pregnant .

Oh shit. That baby already had it bad enough having Boris Johnson as a father.

3 Likes

Well my prediction that it was going to be mild and Boris would use it to poo poo away future measures was luckily wrong.

Hopefully he recovers and aggressively handles the crisis in the UK.

Though can someone from the UK inform me who takes over in the even the PM is either too sick to lead or dies? Do they just vote another in via Parliament ?

3 Likes

My limited understanding is that in the event of, for example, the death of a PM, the Cabinet may appoint a temporary leader but the party has to have a leadership election, tout suite. That may take quite a few weeks, though. But I’m not certain. It may still be that whoever is even the temporary appointee must visit Her Majesty and confirm he/she is able to form (continue) a government / command the confidence of the House of Commons.

ETA this link seems to confirm this is broadly the case.

3 Likes

Well, I mean, sure, everyone in his cabinet have been pretty cavalier about safety, especially a few weeks ago, but given that he was previously bragging about shaking hands with those infected with coronavirus…

4 Likes

Moved to intensive care now, in case he needs ventilation, after his condition worsened during the day.

6 Likes

You called it. Cover up i’m saying, for all the reasons you stated. When it was first reported he’d been admitted i wasn’t going to be surprised if this was the eventual outcome and here we are.

4 Likes

I wonder how Dominic Cummings is feeling about having nearly killed his boss with his eugenicist ideas.

Actually, has anyone heard anything from him since he self isolated a week ago? I know his uncle died from Covid-19 yesterday.

7 Likes

Not only regretting it, i hope, but prepping for the war-crimes style tribunals that are going to result when this nightmare is over.

4 Likes