Boston Dynamics introduces "nightmare-inducing" robot

Right? In these demos, it’s always “Look at the robot picking up that box, how useful.”

When in reality, it will probably be “Look at the robot picking up that gun, we are all screwed”

2 Likes

As a note there’s something about the 70s era films I rather like the look of. Unsure what this is because I would like to replicate it.

When in reality, it will probably be “Look at the robot picking up that gun, we are all screwed”

More a case of 'look at it picking up boxes we used to get paid to. Look how screwed we are.

2 Likes

2 Likes

They’ll decide our fate in a microsecond.

1 Like

robert sapolsky says only the female species can ‘back-arching’ with sexual permissive ways

1 Like

Okay, please forgive me for the ITG, but, I could take out that thing easily. From a distance. It wouldn’t get close enough to stab me with those appendages…

Robot overlords: Knight to Queen 5.

1 Like

Why are they using cardboard boxes with ‘10lbs’ written on them? If ever there was an opportunity to use a weighted companion cube, surely this is it!

Companion Cube

10 Likes

Dan loves Family.

1 Like

Valeris: Four hundred years ago on the planet Earth, workers who felt their livelihood threated by automation flung their wooden shoes called sabots into the machines to stop them.
[Chekov and Uhura look confused]
Valeris: Hence the word sabotage.
Uhura: We are experiencing technical malfunction. All backup systems inoperative.
Chekov: Excellent-I mean, too bad.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Phase 2: Make the components out of explosive/incendiary material.

First when I saw that wheeled robot I thought “great, at least I can escape that one by running up stairs”, then I saw it jump an obstacle and realized that it could just jump up stairs too. We’re all doomed.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s absolutely true. Lower cost than humans, and no weeping family suing the company if they’re … eliminated.

And the things will go wrong. No doubt!

Got to ask did you ever find those two pairs of gravity boots?

1 Like

Batteries are improving, though. Seems logical to me for Boston to focus on what they’re good at, and just trust that other markets will drive the batteries to where they need them (coughTeslacough)

2 Likes

They had me at, “serves your wine without spilling it.”

1 Like

Oh, that ship has sailed.

On the “plus” side, the societal disruption caused by the blue collar sector jobs suddenly disappearing will mean that the survivors in the resulting Mad Max post-apocalyptic world will think that ‘college’ and ‘mortgage’ are a type of bird or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnd1jKcfBRE

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.