Boycott these companies supporting Trump's re-election

Thanks to @nungesser for calling out the accuracy of the list, both here and in other threads. Unfortunately, once something like this is viral, it is hard to stop, like Ebola.

Narrow, targeted boycotts, like the ones used to throw FOX hosts off the air, can be powerful weapons. Calls like this one are just like shooting in the air: you don’t do much damage to the main target, and the bullets might fall on bystanders.

2 Likes

Still kind of ironic when I recall Taco Bell’s slogan used to be “Head for the Border.” I’m inclined to agree those owners are making a point against their corporate masters when there are plenty of ways they could have otherwise donated to GOP causes as private citizens besides forming their own PAC.

1 Like

On the positive side people might just lose a few lbs. as a result.

1 Like

In n out is owned by religious folks. So they are probs anti-abortion, maybe?

Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and kfc are all Pepsi owned, no?

I didn’t patronize those companies anyway, so voting with my dollars won’t make any difference to them. However, it does give me a sense of satisfaction to know that my gut instincts were right.

Some of them are even international. At last we foreigners get to have some influence on who gets to fuck with one of the biggest things capable of fucking up the world.

Not since 1997.

3 Likes

Wow! I had no idea. Are they a conglomerate of their own or individual companies now? (1997, That is a long time ago.)

Conglomerate. PepsiCo spun them out as Tricon Global Restaurants and then they later became Yum! Brands.

2 Likes

Ok it’s been hard enough avoiding Chick-Fil-A for a few years now, but…

Et tu Taco Bell?

:sob:

You’re good. As folks pointed out above, the only Taco Bells supporting Trump are a tiny group of them that formed their own PAC. Taco Bell, the company, is a Democratic donor.

Chick-Fil-A can die in a fire, however.

Whew, thank you! I know there’s some franchised Chick Fil A’s that don’t support the horrible corporate empire, but the money still flows up, so I avoid anyway.

But yeah, if all of Yum Brands went that way, I’m not that strong.

Popeye’s just rolled out a chicken sandwich that frankly looks superior to hate-chikin’s. At this point you just need a source of waffle fries.

1 Like

Having just tried it, I can’t say if it’s superior (having not given Hate Chicken my money in a decade or more) but it’s a fantastic chicken sandwich. Especially the spicy version. And Popeye’s has a history of donating to Democratic causes.

1 Like

I can walk to Popeye’s from home and need to try that. I can live without waffle fries.

Now if someone can give me a good peach milkshake every summer, I’m done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.