Breakfast restaurant named "Woke" angers confused conservatives

Originally published at: Breakfast restaurant named "Woke" angers confused conservatives | Boing Boing

14 Likes
35 Likes

So sparse, so wonderful. Thank you.

13 Likes

Now, keeping the topic in mind. WTF is going on? Picking fight with strangers because of words or corporation mascots?

13 Likes

My new restaurant name: Triggered.

44 Likes

“Just stop” is perfect advice for the crybabies, whiners, and dumb-asses that make up today’s Conservatives.

26 Likes
19 Likes

Well, they can go to the local diner instead and pair their eternal outrage over nothing with some artery-clogging grease. Anything to move along that demographic shift.

17 Likes

The same people crying about this are the ones crying about ‘cancel culture’ and calling leftists snowflakes. I dunno, seems pretty snowflakey to me.

37 Likes

A thousand times this. I think the only answer to their “cancel culture” complaint is

tom cruise projector GIF

30 Likes

I kinda want to start naming everything “woke” now. It seems to drive away exactly the type of people I want to drive away. If some of them keel over from a stroke along the way, that’s just a bonus.

32 Likes

Good idea. This is exactly why I try to be as queer as humanly possible. Keeps the assholes away. My very own version of aposematism :grin:

18 Likes

“Angers conservatives” when it’s really just these same 10 women:

12 Likes

Stop it.

“I want you to take [these two words] out of the office and incorporate them into your life.”

3 Likes

Good. F*ck em.

4 Likes

gonna open a bar called “Cancel Culture”

13 Likes

Mrs. Quiroga declares at the end of the article that no one had the nerve to say anything about the name of the restaurant in person and that the place is full of satisfied customers. These people really like to complain about everything on the Internet and on television.

26 Likes

Oh no! Now they won’t get any business from those people who had zero intention of ever visiting, anyway!

26 Likes

Nobody ever said that the culture wars were fought by clever people.

11 Likes

Is Woke Brewing Company available?

13 Likes