Breaking: Trump names Army Lt. Gen. HR McMaster as national security adviser, after Flynn ousted in Russia scandal

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/20/breaking-embattled-president.html

3 Likes

Its hard to trust anybody that would be willing to work for Trump.

14 Likes

His estate is in florida? Does that make drumpf…Florida Man?

9 Likes

Florida Man is usually a New York or New Jersey transplant, so… yes?

17 Likes

Oh great, what’s wrong with this one? Russian agent? Wife beater? Securities fraud?

10 Likes

Well, for one thing, he appears to be willing to eat that shit sandwich

(Though, I suppose someone had to, eventually. Now we just have to see if he is able to somehow make the sandwich a little more appetizing, rather than worse.)

16 Likes

It’s called financial innovation when the big guys do it.

10 Likes

But were the last words he uttered before announcing his candidacy for POTUS:

“Hold my beer”

?

That’s the Florida Man clincher.

6 Likes

That’s the universal Redneck clincher.

3 Likes

So McMaster didn’t say fast enough: 1, 2, 3 NOT IT!

Right/left arguments aside I can’t imagine who would want to attach themselves to this burning ship.

9 Likes

My only thought is that maybe they’re trying to salvage whatever government remains when this all ends in tears and strontium-90.

7 Likes

He seems competent and non-evil, so I suppose the administration will have to force him out eventually. But he’ll do for now.

21 Likes

Good luck chump, you’re going to need it.

10 Likes

As was mentioned in the article, he’s actively serving so saying no was not even an option for him*.

Considering the rest of the people chosen by Trump, the fact he was forced into it will probably make him the most sane person around (relatively at least) by a country mile…

*Edit: no good option at least, destroying your career is not done lightly

17 Likes

Nope - he could have taken an honorable discharge.

5 Likes

Well that is true, but that’s not likely a good option at all.

Like i said, being forced into it will likely make him the best advisor Trump has. Though i can’t see him lasting long when he inevitably disagrees with some insanity of a Trump action…

15 Likes

What the hell are living living chandeliers?

5 Likes

The biggest problem for anyone trying to run NatSec is Bannon’s Strategic Initiatives Group.

Being the official National Security Adviser means you get to take the fall when Trump ignores your advice and sides with Bannon. Of the candidates who were proposed for the job McMaster seems like maybe the best candidate, but the job is still a shit sandwich. I can only assume that he’s taken the job on the assumption he can out-maneuver Bannon; I’ll be interested to see how that plays out.

I’m not super comfortable with having a gov’t where the only sane people are senior military. Better than having no sane people, but still not a great trend.

17 Likes

Sounds like a character from a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.

Works for me!

3 Likes

H.R. McMaster seems more qualified for the role than most Trump picks to date, so I can only conclude that he was chosen because Trump confused him with H.R. Pufnstuf.

26 Likes