Bride marries herself in lonesome wedding

I took it to be a comment about the individual, who seems to be single not by choice after decades of trying, rather than about the general group of single-by-choice folks like you and me.

1 Like

probably not for that sake.

3 Likes

I’m a little glad you said that, because I was totally seeing one aspect of this which is incredibly narcissistic.

Marriages celebrate a relationship between two people. Narcissists don’t see relationships between people. They take up all that space themselves, you’re just an object in space. Their space.

I don’t know about attention getting, but I know about narcissistic behavior. I’d not call this lovely woman that, based on just this. the -ic suffix matters a lot. It’s the critical nuance.

We all have a little -ic in our behavior from time to time. but -ism… that’s a whole other ball of wax.

2 Likes

True. I was stuck with one actual narcissist in my life for a long time, and it’s horrible and wearing and destructive (as the entire country is now learning). This is attention-seeking behaviour, though, perhaps for commercial purposes or driven by pathological thirstiness or both. Her voice mail is probably filled with messages from reality TV producers, who would be nothing without people like this.

1 Like

Sounds like there’s more cake the other way, though.

Art.

Ok, maybe commentary, too. Both seem valid.

3 Likes

This is not a reliable metric. The cake is a lie. :wink:

3 Likes

You know, I’ve heard that a lot, but every wedding I go to still has actual cake.

4 Likes

so does every office birthday party.

[itsatrap.gif]

4 Likes

But … cake!

4 Likes

you win. and now I want cake. damnit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Everyone can win—with cake.

Cake is magical.

5 Likes

I had some cheesecake flan tonight. Does that help?

4 Likes

Did someone say cake?*

* Yes, that’s a cake.

9 Likes

I did say cake. And I covet this cake.

4 Likes

I doubt I’ll ever get married, but I LOVE wedding cake (high-quality, made with real butter and sugar), so I always try to eat as much of it as possible without calling attention to myself.

8 Likes

My first thought was exactly this - why not just have a party? (Although I hate parties, but each to their own.)

2 Likes

Todays passive aggressive life content brought to you by Mrs. Mesi.

1 Like

Rodman wore it better…

2 Likes

Hope she singed a prenup. That could be a bitter divorce.

7 Likes