British man's colon bursts due to an abundance of poop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/british-mans-colon-bursts-du.html

5 Likes

I smell some new metal band names. . . .

18 Likes

I know several people who have been full of shit for years, and suffered no ill effects

I think science should study them

19 Likes

… or maybe some SYFY Channel movies.

Poor guy. Hope he’s better soon.

14 Likes

I think some cases like this might have a psychological etiology. If you just don’t want to go, you can save it up in heroic quantities.

I’ve entertained my kid many times with the notion that someone, somewhere, sometime, has dropped off at the pool the largest friend ever produced by humankind. Now we’ll have to ponder whether that should include ones that stayed in the station wagon.

What killed Elvis, right?

1 Like
2 Likes

Elvis didn’t die; he just went home.

8 Likes

…doctors elaborated on the man’s rare conditions, known as…“megarectum.”

After he recovers he should run for Parliament! The most successful politicians here in the U.S. are megarectums full of shit.

2 Likes

As my ole Uncle Ziggy would say, “It ain’t made out’a gold, get rid of it”.

2 Likes

Too much PF Chang’s?

7 Likes

Too late. The plot of the next Godzilla reboot has to do with Megacolon’s visit to Tokyo and how it megarectum.

6 Likes

Aside from all the shitty jokes, I in fact know two people who only shit once every 3-4 days. Good god, that’s a recipe for all kinds of physical ailements. I just can’t imagine.

2 Likes

I saw the shitty trailer for that.

1 Like

Christ, what a colon.

1 Like

Sounds like all of the opening paragraph is bunk. The real issue was:

In a short communication published this week in BMJ Case Reports, doctors elaborated on the man’s rare conditions, known as “megacolon” and “megarectum.” These are poorly-understood ailments marked by enlarged entrails that aren’t caused by a physical blockage. Sometimes they can be explained by genetic abnormalities or other acquired conditions, such as diseases that affect intestinal motility or muscle and connective-tissue function. But in this case, the man seemed to have a chronic, idiopathic case, meaning there was no clear cause of the gargantuan guts.

5 Likes

Rectum? Why I hardly even…

6 Likes

Megarectum? Damn near Megadeathed him.

8 Likes

I read that as Megadeathbed

, which, all things considered, isn’t a bad name either.

1 Like
1 Like