British PM to resign immediately to make way for Theresa May

He was trusted with a pig and a nation, and he treated them both the same in the end.

5 Likes

Classic FM is on the case

“Wagnerian fanfare, Beethoven-esque harmonic doubt and then a strange contemporary flourish at the end.”

12 Likes

Funnily enough…

4 Likes

Ha! Of course. But the way this year is going a 1 hour special ain’t gonna be nearly long enough.

4 Likes

At least now I know that such a thing as Howards’ Way existed and my day was not completely wasted.

In my professional opinion as someone who has seen several minutes of it, I find that theory somewhat plausible.

In a bitter twist of irony, he’s gonna need his own 24 hour rolling channel.

1 Like

Is it the British equivalent of “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah”?

1 Like

Christ, I’ve just seen the news, and apparently we’re all waving fucking flags and overjoyed at this wondrous new Manifestation Of Stability. I feel sick.

6 Likes

Oh, come now Mr Wham. Theresa is going to make, for us, a “Better Britain”.

Learn more about her here, in this independently compiled, balanced article:

And let us monitor this lovely nugget for actual performance:
Other policies: Theresa May has pledged a shake-up of boardroom ethics as part of which workers will be guaranteed representation on company boards while shareholders votes on executive pay deals will be made binding every year.

3 Likes

Positioning herself towards the centre for an election.

“Better Britain”

Electoral gold. I hope somebody’s writing this down.

2 Likes

This is good, too:

May, now: “there should be no general election until 2020”

May in 2007, when Brown became Prime Minister without facing a general election:

"Whenever Gordon Brown chooses to call a general election, we will be ready for him. "He has no democratic mandate. He has a reputation tainted by his failures after a decade in office. And he has no new ideas. “An early election? Bring it on.”

4 Likes

I think this was an understandable and reasonable thing for him to do once his successor was clear, and I think May is probably an improvement. For sure she’s smarter than Cameron.

However, despite May’s pronouncement, if ever there was a good reason to have a new general election, this is it.

That show’s run coincided with my first stint in England, and I found it so utterly relaxing that I ended up watching it religiously for therapeutic reasons.

1 Like

My best shot. https://jsfiddle.net/b1od8kc5/9/embedded/result/dark/

1 Like

Well, if a certain John Saxon enters the race, I’m calling bullshit.

1 Like

Cameron’s Lament could take its place alongside Women of the glen - the warning pibroch said to have been played by a piper before the Glencoe massacre, hoping to warn the MacDonalds that the approaching Campbells meant them harm. The MacDonslds were obviously not up on their pibrochs.

The most appropriate pibroch for the Leave contingent might be The Blind Piper’s Obstinacy…

Hah, Gideon’s fucked off too.

I thought he was meant to be moving to the foreign office? I guess May didn’t offer it to him.

Oh sweet Jesus no.

Boris Johnson has been made foreign secretary, the BBC reports.

4 Likes

I see May made Hammond Chancellor, too. Are there any Tory MPs called Clarkson?

4 Likes