British sausage roll shop apologizes for this amazing painting of baby Jesus as an enormous sausage roll

I mean, over here they’re usually made with some nondescript “poultry”. Still tasty, though, so it’s whatever.

…dammit, now I want a sausage roll.

1 Like

15 years ago, the Greggs* seconds shop used to be in Carlisle and you could get 10 sausage rolls for £1. As long as you didn’t mind that they were a bit squashed you could buy a load of them and freeze them for later.

* it used to be a Birketts shop, but Greggs bought them because they had really big ovens in their bakery in Penrith.

3 Likes

If the intent is to make me want to eat a sausage roll, they failed.

2 Likes

You know I think this is a case were ‘Sorry you were offended’ is the proper response.

6 Likes

It’s the Freedom Association, who, as you might guess from their name, are a swivel-eyed bunch with ties to UKIP and the nuttier end of the Conservative Party.

Some other things they are opposed to:

• trade unions
  • the EU
  • the BBC
  • historically, sanctions against apartheid-era South Africa.

Some things they are in favour of:

• the Tea Party
  • celebrating Margaret Thatcher’s birthday.
9 Likes

This is not a painting of a sausage roll.

2 Likes

Savior inna bun. That Dibbler will try anything.

6 Likes

OK. I’ll do the honours

6 Likes

They have definitely gone uphill.

Body of Christ, baby.

1 Like

Well, it looks like he has his bris at least.

4 Likes

Obviously bogus. Reputedly, they brought gold, frankincense and myrrh… but no mustard.

3 Likes

Consume the flesh and blood of thy God and live for eternity! Sounds like sausage.

2 Likes

Mustard?

A sausage roll is not a sausage in a bread roll. Putting mustard or any sauce on it would get messy.

3 Likes

“. . .nuttier end of the Conservative Party.”

Ah. Say no more.

2 Likes

Genuine question: what should one call a sausage in a bread roll, purchased as, say, a breakfast item, as an alternative to the bacon roll and such like?

“Sausage bap” springs to mind, but it seems that bread-roll nomenclature is as much a regional differentiator in the UK as the pop/soda/coke thing is the States:

Luckily I live in a part of the world where God’s true sausage is still holding its own against the Satanic tubular interloper, and can order my Friday morning treat at the work’s canteen without fear of ambiguity by requesting “a square sausage roll, please”. (Unless the hungover “Thursday is the new Friday” crew have cleared them all out first. Which they usually have. Bastards.)

1 Like

It’s all fine with Church of England.

Nowhere here sells Lorne Sausage :frowning:

You can’t get a decent Cumberland sausage either.

1 Like

From a doctrinal perspective, that can’t literally be true. Come on.

On the other hand, some searching suggests that cannibalism is not explicitly forbidden.

1 Like

Never mind any other religious sensibilities, I’m not sure the FSM or his pastafarian followers won’t be offended by the heretical use of pastry in this context.