Britons enjoy bagel on train

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/27/londoners-enjoy-bagel-on-train.html

1 Like

You know how they could have protected that bagel?

Put a lox on it.

29 Likes

To protect it from some kind of caper?

30 Likes

Butter safe than sorry.

18 Likes

Could you correct the title @beschizza. These are out-of-towners leaving London after a night out. People like them make our life in Hoxton hell on a Friday / Saturday night.

We, Londoners have many failings, but behaving like idiots on the train out of London after a Saturday night out is not one of them!

6 Likes

The bagel I had this morning seems so, well, boring now.

8 Likes

#NotAllBagels

9 Likes

Seems like a very restraint version of things happening today in Cologne. (It is Rosenmontag. Alaaf. Also, I never understood bagels and doughnuts. Why take out the center part of a Berliner?)

BTW, what does the Collopy in Collopy Monday mean? This, found on the interwebz, doesn’t help really:

A collop originally denoted a fully grown horse or cow

When folk from yonder holler bring their foreign foods and alien ways to our lil town… you kin guarantee a ruckus.

2 Likes

Hahaaaaaahh, good lads. Good gals. All round good uns yeah? Laughed an laughed I did. Me knee’s sore from slappin it. Shat maself.

4 Likes

It should be kept in a lox box according to Al Gore

3 Likes

I thought they only celebrate this kind of “jolly good time” during holidays abroad.

3 Likes

Reminds me of the rowdy ride home from The Church.

http://thechurchlondon.com/

1 Like

It’s an entire Bravo/MTV realty tv show season in two minutes

10 Likes

No sooner said than done!

I used to live in Chelmsford, I know the sort well, sir.

7 Likes

Watching the spectacle a slow epiphany came to me. Bagels. It’s bagels that make New Yorkers act the way they do…

12 Likes

9 Likes

Is there a savory equivalent to a Berliner though? I can’t imagine putting lox on one.

You’re an Essex boy?

11 Likes

Hm… Senfberliner don’t count, do they?