Brock Turner goes viral (again) as women on social media warn others of his whereabouts

Originally published at: Brock Turner goes viral (again) as women on social media warn others of his whereabouts | Boing Boing

7 Likes

While it’s mentioned in the article, the headline should contain his full name: Convicted Rapist Brock Turner.

it’s not clear why he’s suddenly made a notorious comeback.

I’m just glad people are warning each-other about this entitled turd and hope they continue doing so for the rest of his life.

The same goes for former judge Aaron Persky, who let him off easy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/12/us/brock-turner-case-judge-fired-coaching-job/index.html

45 Likes

Oh noes, his father’s prediction is coming true! All this for “20 minutes of action.” Won’t someone think of the promising young men? /s

“His life will never be the one that he dreamed about and worked so hard to achieve,” the older Turner wrote in the letter. “That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life.”

30 Likes

That quote is so unbelievably vile that it causes physical revulsion when I read it. So, so, so fscking gross.

11086169-1b0a-46d5-a7ca-c45d0e128a73_text

48 Likes

If that was his daughter that got raped, I wonder if he would still be calling it 20 minutes of action?

19 Likes

The people who want to brush off rape tend to be the same folks who greet their daughter’s date with a semi-serious shotgun joke. The horrifying idiocy of both positions, let alone the contradictions of holding both positions is always lost on them.

27 Likes

No, he’d be screaming for blood because his daughter (emphasis on the his, implying owned property) was damaged. To “conservatives”, women are helpmeets or property to be married off to another man, not humans with agency.

41 Likes

The commonality between the two is the denial of any agency to women. They simply aren’t entitled to make any decisions about when, how, and with whom to have sex.

Edited to spell this out. It is the duty of her protector to protect her, and if she goes somewhere without her protector (say, a frat party) anything that happens to her is her fault.

30 Likes

Dude doesn’t learn. I wouldn’t set foot 100 feet from a bar.

Fucking disgusting asshole.

16 Likes

Harmless acts of self-protection are “aggression” now, the media won’t stop carrying water for an unrepentant rapist.

8 Likes

Rape culture is one “position” in this sense that encompasses rape as the default behavior of men alongside “boys will be boys”.

7 Likes

He’s lucky that it’s just women warning one another, and that no one has yet decided to brand the word ‘rapist’ into his forehead.

24 Likes

32 posts were split to a new topic: Rehabilitation vs punishment

It’s internally consistent if you realize these folks have zero empathy for anyone outside of their circle. Selfish and self involved.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the Convicted Rapist Brock Turner who was convicted of Rape?

5 Likes

Another story on this.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure he is referring to the Convicted Rapist Brock Turner who was convicted of rape, and served such an inadequately short prison term that the only just thing to do is permanently associate his name with his crime.
The association should be so close “Brock Turner” becomes a synonym for rapist, so even generations down the track when he is long dead people still say “Hey, watch out for that guy. He gives off kind of a Brock Turner-vibe.”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.