Burger King Cheddar and Bacon Grill Dog : expectation vs. reality

There’s a local pizza joint a few blocks from me however that does amazing pizza, and they look just as good as taste. I’ve been tempted to take pics before but honestly i’m not the kind of guy that takes pics of what he eats… but that’s just how good they are :slight_smile: In comparison Dominos falls short, but for what they are it’s alright.

1 Like

Nope, not only that, but many times the food shown in these marketing photos are done up by so-called food-stylists, so what’s shown can be partially made of half-cooked or even raw ingredients (and sometimes artificially colored in some way, such as ‘cooked’ Thanksgiving turkey being actually raw but with colored cream applied), artistically arranged, or using totally inedible (non-food!!) materials.

4 Likes

Oh, sir, these hot dogs have been here for three years. They are strictly ornamental. There is only one bozo who comes in and buys them.

8 Likes

Only if you paid for the VIP service.

2 Likes

is the Fyre Festival a sandwich

6 Likes

It should be. I’m imagining a literal shit sandwich

2 Likes

Word. They can make anything look delicious by using some unappetizing ingredients.

2 Likes

Skyline Chili does:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Right. When the food designers think that extruded cheese-product is the most desirable form of cheese, all is lost.
Or, rather,

[quote=“LordInsidious, post:13, topic:104055”]the more society benefits.
[/quote]
except that,

1 Like

Being in Texas I know quite a few that would be horrified at that “chili”. However it does look pretty dead on as far as what they advertise on their site from what i’m finding online.

2 Likes

I talked to a kid at my college once who had done a year’s study in Rome. This was a long, long time ago, and a McDonald’s had just opened there, and the American kids couldn’t resist the irony of eating at a McDonald’s in Rome. When their food arrived they were flabbergasted to discover that it looked exactly like the pictures on the board.

I’m no fast food fan, but I’m going to guess this is one of those “variation by franchise” things. I wonder if that sort of thing (along with accompanying negative publicity) is something the parent company can use to withdraw a franchise.

2 Likes

Cincinnati-style chili doesn’t claim to be chili con carne, if that helps your Texan horn-tossing mood. Furthermore, it’s closer to what some would consider “real” chili in that it contains no beans or tomatoes. Really, it’s very like Bolognese sauce in terms of texture/consistency.

2 Likes

A Bolognese sauce without tomatoes?

5 Likes

Here in Tucson, we have these things called Sonoran dogs. They are available all over the place, from sit-down restaurants to street vendors with carts. They look similar to the one in the pretty BK ad photo. And they taste way more delicious than anything you’d get at the ball park or Der Wienerschnitzel.

4 Likes

Could be. You still couldn’t pay me to eat Domino’s.

2 Likes

Coprophiliacs out there say, “So?”

5 Likes

Ya got me.

In texture/consistency, yes. It’s very finely ground, and more sauce-like than chili con carne.

2 Likes

Hm. I wonder if there are any recipe (not necessarily “cook”) books out there that focus on revenge dishes.

1 Like

I’m not from Texas, so i have no horse in that particular debate on chili. I don’t think i’ve ever had Cincinnati style chili, i do like texas style but as long as it’s nice and spicy i’m happy.

1 Like