Burger King Cheddar and Bacon Grill Dog : expectation vs. reality

I know. Can’t be “B” without some “T”.

2 Likes

Please. “Coprophages.”

1 Like

That there is some wicked analogy, by gum.

3 Likes

Only if you’re good.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve lived in Ohio for 20 years.

Cincinnati Chili is completely and utterly different from Texas or any other style of Chili. It should be enjoyed or despised on it’s own merits, completely separate from other forms of Chili.

And it has a robust flavor that is highly spiced, but it is not capsaicin spicy in the slightest. To expect it to be is like expecting a fish to be a great bicyclist.

3 Likes

Aw man, I love Sonoran dogs. Nothing beats El Güero Canelo on 22nd St. in my opinion.

2 Likes

That reminds me; I’ve still got a little stack of promotional stickers for this movie somewhere. Time to find some use for them, maybe.

“There’s no dog in this.”
“Uh-uh.”
“Hydrolyzed vegetable protein, soybean meal, niacin, dextrose, and sodium nitrate flavoring.”
“Yup, that’s what we call “meat” back home.”

2 Likes

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/about/packshot.htm

1 Like

Some call it Greek style, since it was introduced by Macedonian immigrants in the 1920s and uses some Mediterranean seasonings.

Interestingly (to me, anyway), my spouse, who’s from Tulsa, remembers eating at a regional chain called the Coney I-Lander, which served coneys with a chili sauce very similar to Cincinnati’s. We looked it up, and evidently the Tulsa coney chili is an example of culinary parallel evolution. It was also invented by Greek immigrants, at around the same time as Cincinnati’s, but completely independently. There are still a handful of Coney I-Lander restaurants in the Tulsa area.

1 Like

That settles it! I’m taking a longer route home from the Aug. 21 eclipse to drive through Cincinnati and have me some Skyline. And stock up on cans.

Now I want Skyline. I’d be sad, but I have a 1/2 kilo of cherries and 4 days to eat them, so…

2 Likes

When I see the Ad vs Real, it kind of makes me think - this must be what Tinder is like for women.

3 Likes

You had me reading that as Sontaran.

Man, I’m disappointed. :frowning:

1 Like

In my travels Japan has come the closest.

America so dead last that it’s hard to believe they invented the whole thing. It’s like what you’d imagine a Soviet knock-off would be like

Canada’s pretty good most of the time in urban centres, anyway - presumably because of the local competition from other locations as well as our homegrown favourites like Harvey’s and South Street (both of which dress burgers and hot dogs in front of you) . That being said, it took awhile back in the day with the transition from styrofoam packaging to wrappers - there were a few years of terrible burger design, even going so far at one point of putting the bugers in cardboard “collars” to make them conform.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.