CA state Corrections worker hit and threw hot coffee on volleyball-playing Muslim guy in park

Who corrects The Correctors?

2 Likes

I want my country to be a place where this madness isn’t true.

6 Likes

I can assure you park rangers have the ability to write tickets and arrest people.

I had a friend once who in the midst of some trouble suggested that one such a ranger not involve the “real police”.

You know, back in my day we had a name for ladies such as this…a catch.

I don’t think so. I think she’s an asshole, and I think she should be arrested for battery, and maybe even lose her job due to an ethics clause violation in her contract, but Jon Ronson’s “So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed” has shown that too much of internet justice can be a bad thing too.

2 Likes

Interestingly (I guess?), both might share the same interpretation of Islam.

What makes their stupid views more significant than anybody else’s? And why aren’t people responsible for their own actions?

Coverage, my friend.

Nobody said they weren’t. But they, which includes you and I, are subject to the social order, some moreso than others, my squishy friend.

6 Likes

That’s the thing, I don’t think this person is a STATE Ranger. She looks like a zoo keeper. I think she is a CITY PARK ranger, which appears to be one spot under mall cop.

She doesn’t have anything on her to makes arrests. State rangers I have seen have cuffs, guns, pepper spray, even tasers. Mall cops even have cuffs and pepper spray.

Granted I can’t see the front, but her belt is a skinny regular belt. Not the wide belt cops and security wear to carry cuffs and the like.

ETA - Here is the job description for a level II Park Ranger of that area. They aren’t there for policing.

1 Like

My thought exactly.

Agreed.

4 Likes

Wow! Just because you can abuse prisoners at work doesn’t mean you can abuse people in public.

2 Likes

it is actually accepted that prisoner abusing is part of the job?

2 Likes

Money and the force of law, respectively. Both are force multipliers. A guy barking racist shit at his TV is one thing; that same guy barking racist shit on TV is quite another.

2 Likes

This is specifically why so-called leaders need to be held to higher standards. There is no need for this behavior and yet here we are.

1 Like

The giant megaphone they have.

They are, but hearing Trump et. al. (I think it really got rolling with Sarah Palin when McCain put her and her John Birch buddies on the national stage.) repeat the bigotted things they are already thinking it validates them and give them permission to act out their hatred.

2 Likes

There’s a certain amount of sarcasm in my comment, but abuse is quite common in situations where one group of people has power over another group of powerless people. We got a glimpse of that at Abu Ghraib, where the amateur prison guards were foolish enough to document their own abuse. See also: Stanford Prison Experiment.

“quite common” is not identical to “accepted” - and I have the feeling that the US population is much more comfortable with abuse in prisons compared to European societies.

1 Like

And sadly neither is the correct state, which is ‘completely unacceptable and horrifying’

1 Like

sigh

See, that’s where the sarcasm part comes in, renke. Perhaps it’d be easier’s see the finer points of other people’s comments if you got down off your high horse?