Can a fart give you coronavirus?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/19/can-a-fart-give-you-coronaviru.html

6 Likes

Au contraire, a fart is an invaluable social distancing tool.

39 Likes

I’m wearing pants and farting right now!

13 Likes

Silly English people, running about knees bent…I fart in your general direction!

13 Likes

I’ve been doing it for about 3.5 years now.

bmo-angry-fart

18 Likes

Has everybody started eating their huge bags of beans yet? Because if so, there’s going to be a lot of farting going on. There certainly is at our house. :wink:

16 Likes

Some of us are more worried about catching something fatal from the aftershave and axe spray out there. Cut the fog, people.

3 Likes

Keeping two metres apart, I trust.

15 Likes
9 Likes

I wouldn’t rule it out:

8 Likes

Actually, even if you are butt naked you should be fine, unless, perhaps, you’re within five centimeters of another human.

How is that suggested by the experiment? They tested at 5cm and found bacteria. They didn’t test at further ranges, yet we are concluding that beyond 5cm is okay?

I’m just saying, the data doesn’t support or refute your conclusion, and therefore I am banning all unclothed farting in my general direction, whether 5cm or any further distance away.

4 Likes

Fuck yeah, SCIENCE!

I’m hoping other scientists are trying to replicate the results.

8 Likes

Cut to 2020

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I’m certain these scientists would tell you that it’s an area that needs more study, and that journalists should be cautiously optimistic.

4 Likes

The farting basically guarantees it.

2 Likes

“Got the petri dish ready, Floyd? Hey, what’s the Bunsen burner for?”

6 Likes

It also doesn’t say whether typical fart diffusion rate is already known. If the average velocity of an unladen fart is …

3 Likes

fart band

15 Likes

And yet…Smelling your partners farts helps you live longer.

3 Likes

So that is yet another way dogs are always trying to help us.

5 Likes