Canada man goes on racist rant over parking space for his truck

News reports say the police are investigating and looking into charges. All parties have been identified.

2 Likes

1 Like

To them the world is war, the recording is being done as an assault. So they promptly whip out their own weapon.

7 Likes

The meter’s definitely pegged.*

*When the little metal arrow indicator on an analog meter is being held fast against the high end peg.

2 Likes

He sounds (and acts) more South African than Canadian.

A lot of white South African’s left in the mid 90’s after they lost power.

Totally off topic, but this article in the margins caught my eye.

The minister said she wanted “to encourage all of those individuals out there that meet the statutory requirements … to brush up on their French if they are wanting to apply to be the next Supreme Court justice.”

People apply to be on the Supreme Court? That’s so darn cute. So Canadian.

Here in the US, we have a slightly different process.

6 Likes

In fact they said he is ‘known to the police’, which is code for ‘ex-convict or gangster’ - both of which are abundant in Abbotsford.

2 Likes

I dunno, the Prius c 2006 was a pretty reliable indicator of someone with a lot of money who also wanted to be smug about their environmentalism.

“Fook” would have given it away.

Given how blithely he ignores the whole “Y’know why ‘India’ and ‘Pakistan’ are two distinct states with serious border friction? It’s definitely not because Pakistanis are typically Hindu…” issue; I’d be a trifle surprised if he even knows that Sikh is a thing that you can be; much less how to identify one.

4 Likes

Actually…

3 Likes

Yup…I’m not getting “Canadian” but South African from the mid 1990’s.
After the “White flight” from SA after Apartheid fell.

From that link:

Ali says he knows more than 15 types of “haircut” designs.

So what they’re saying is Ali Barbers Camels? Cool.

2 Likes

Generally? No. Our latest Prime Minister is trying to make various parts of the Government — the parts that are appointed rather than elected — less partisan. So he’s abolished his own party in the Senate (those Senators are sitting as “independents”) and he’s set up purportedly nonpartisan hiring processes for all sorts of appointments.

I’m dubious about how nonpartisan it all is, and about whether whatever success he has will last beyond his own term in office, but, even so, I do appreciate the spirit of the gesture.

4 Likes

His weird gait, the fact that he’s the passenger, in addition to the whole aggro thing make me think “mental illness”… and renew my gratitude that guns are not as much of a thing North of the 49th.

2 Likes

Southwest and Central Ontario, too. I’m not proud to say I likely said “Paki” when I was a kid. Before I understood racism, and many other -isms, is bad.

2 Likes

Abbotsford doesn’t border Surrey, there’s another city between them.
Abbotsford does have its own large East Indian population though.
This looks like it’s hard downtown and that’s a rough area.
There’s a good chance this guy went home to his basement suite in a nice late 70s split level owned by an East Indian family. That’s probably one source of his resentment.
Racism against East Indians is a complicated thing in the valley. It’s tied in with feelings of inadequacy created by lack of property ownership. That shame turns to hate pretty darn quick.
That being said, I’m not apologizing for him. He’s tweaked.

1 Like

People like this I know they know they’re doing something naughty and ignore that little voice inside their head telling them so, the anger and rage etc that follows when caught out is born of the argument between themselves because they knew it was their own fault.

Been called a brit many times abroad and never took offence once, I don’t use the ‘P’ word but since this is the first four letters of my nationality should I be offended?

yeah this isn’t this guys first rodeo. that level of aweful doesn’t just happen overnight.

distinctions are for non-racists. the only distinction this guy needs is skin color.

4 Likes