Candace Owens pivots to paleontology, calls dinosaurs "absurd"

Candace Owens, and this kind of gratuitous, performative stupidity, are absurd.

7 Likes

Poor borb!!!

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

14 Likes

Seriously, why give this any oxygen?

3 Likes

And don’t get her going about gravity…

5 Likes

Anyone who does not think dinosaurs roaming the Earth is absurd, I challenge you to imagine brontosauri mating.

10 Likes

Yes, absurdity abounds! For instance, I just read about this absurd woman who spews lies and bullshit, and somehow makes money off it.

12 Likes

A grift for the creationists, yes, but also anything to crowd out “drug-fueled, incoherent felon now foaming at the mouth”.

ETA: relevant links

7 Likes

Coincidentally, the older I get the more absurd the concept of “Candace Owens as a public figure” becomes to me.

(I await the inevitable “The idea of a ‘round Earth’ is ridiculous if you think about it” tweet from her.)

THE AGE WHEN DINOSAURS LOUNGED AROUND THE EARTH

You will literally find creationists making this argument. In state legislatures, even.

12 Likes

Don’t forget π=22/7. It’s in the Bible!! You can’t argue with that!

10 Likes

May I note the slight irony of someone with that surname not believing in dinosaurs:

13 Likes

i have forgotten who Candace Owens is, or why i should care what she thinks about anything, and i’m ok with that.

8 Likes

That’s ok, dinosaurs don’t believe in her either.

14 Likes

Let alone “ruling”.

31 Likes

When it comes to anti-science:

“in for a penny, in for a pound”.

Attention (seeker) Candace Owens:

Sincerely, everyone.

12 Likes

19 Likes

There’s an obnoxious Chick tract that someone keeps leaving around the restrooms at work. Titled, “Trust the Science”, it features a goofy version of Einstein on the cover. Because of course it does.

11 Likes

It may just be a coincidence that Owens is bringing this up at the same time tjhat astronaut Barry Wilmore, who just went up on the Starliner, decided well in advance to use part of his time on the ISS to promote Creationism.

Which is just a reminder that not even astronauts are necessarily smart.

10 Likes

I think it’s less of a case of smart or dumb and more of a case of ideology. Creationism is an ideology that someone makes a choice to believe in.

11 Likes

Why D&D lists intelligence and wisdom separately. :frowning:

19 Likes