Candace Owens pivots to paleontology, calls dinosaurs "absurd"

Saoirse Ronan Bingo GIF by A24

8 Likes

Obligatory:

IMG_9965

18 Likes

You can only keep one: a velociraptor or Candace Owens - not a tough choice is it?

7 Likes

clever girl GIF

10 Likes

In 2018, she showed the world her expertise as a historian when she said, “If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine.”

He didn’t, though. We know he didn’t. You know he didn’t. What is the point of this sentence? It conveys nothing.

The older I get the more absurd the concept of “dinosaurs roamed the earth until a great big meteor hit” becomes to me.

Okay… why? What part is absurd and why do you believe that? It’s not at all self-evident, despite her assumption. Once again, this conveys absolutely no information. There are words there but they serve no apparent function.

3 Likes

That’s because the point isn’t the literal meaning but the implications. Fascists aren’t necessarily bad, scientists shouldn’t be trusted.

13 Likes

Even for an alt-right loon, she’s a terrible communicator. It’s like typing out a tweet that just says “LOL woke”. Like, I could probably guess they’re anti-woke, but they’re not even saying anything.

5 Likes

I’m not wishing for a meteor to smash into Earth or anything, but it would be interesting to see how some individuals would respond to the event. Owens not least among them “that’s not smoke, that’s just steam!” or some shit.

3 Likes

Strategousaurus has entered the chat…

Elon Musk What GIF by YEETZ!

7 Likes

Hopefully direct interaction…

explosion GIF

5 Likes

I have seen old books refer to species as “noble” to mean they are large, and of course the lion is called “king” of the savanna because males live by having their harem kill a wide selection of other inhabitants. I think maybe biologists have a bit more cynical notion of what “ruling” involves than administration.

10 Likes

“The older I get…” cognitive decline?

7 Likes

I’m just amused when their argument ends at “it goes against common sense!” as if “common sense” was something that was reliable even on the human scale in day-to-day matters, much less in all the realms of knowledge where it’s demonstrably wrong.

10 Likes

Cognitive decline requires the initial presence of cognition. She’s just a grifting, evil
DF

yap yap yap

7 Likes

Well…

Deutsche Physik was opposed to the work of Albert Einstein and other modern theoretically based physics, which was disparagingly labeled “Jewish physics” (German: Jüdische Physik).

Fascist is as fascist does.

14 Likes

I’m imagining brontosauri mating right now!

I may have revealed too much there.

10 Likes

She’s taken the power of “The Big Lie” and exploits it for the furtherance of whatever she has to sell… whatever the fuck that may be.

4 Likes

… and she rolled a “three” on both

8 Likes

I think you’ve just invented a new Chewbacca defense.

7 Likes

In the time I have left over from thinking about the Roman Empire, I am thinking about roaming, mating dinosaurs. /s

10 Likes