Capitol hill rioter Jacob Chansley to plead guitly, would like to no longer be called "Qanon Shaman"

Q witch doctor?

1 Like

I think one lesson to be learned here is “if you don’t want to be known by your criminal nickname then don’t commit high-profile crimes in a distinctive costume.”

How many people in Arkham Asylum are known by their given names?

34 Likes

“Joining a secret society requires discretion and illegal endeavors benefit when individuals know as little as possible about each other.” -allthatisinteresting

7 Likes

You don’t get it, dude. This IS your Lifetime Achievement Award. Like Get-A-Brain Moran, you will carry it every day for the rest of your life.

18 Likes

In 20 years he’ll be invited to participate in a C class celebrities reality show and still be called “Qanon Shaman”.

16 Likes

I hope soon-to-be-convicted-felon Jacob Chansley, alias Qanon Shaman, will be known and called as that until the day he dies, when his obituary will remind everyone of his infamy and stupidity. Unfuck this guy and his life in the most maximally embarrassing way forever.

12 Likes

Good question. And in good click bait fashion, the only one is #2 on the list, and it will blow your mind.

7 Likes

21 Likes

22 Likes

We need a liberal ‘edge’ group or super high profile celeb who is willing to be a bully asshole about this on Fox calling this guy (and his ilk) whiny babies and special snowflakes. The Lincoln Project has their own agenda, but we need a lib version of Clint Eastwood (Arnie, maybe?) to move mass opinion of the entrenched Qnuts to see their ‘heros’ in a more accurate light. To be fair, it may cause this guy to off himself, but, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” “Or the one.”

2 Likes

Liberals who abandon nuance, context and compassion have a tendency to just turn into assholes who do more harm than good for the cause or even switching sides entirely. Look at Bill Maher or Glenn Greenwald.

21 Likes

Or the “dirtbag left”. At least a third of them will go beefsteak fash over the coming years.

9 Likes
4 Likes
18 Likes

Yeah, but without someone who talks at their level, there’s no reach happening. Something/body has to break the spell, and it’s not going to be wordy speeches or logic; there is no attention span for that.

There’s no playbook for this, but not playing is NOT an option.

3 Likes

The craziest part of that falling out is that Greenwald thought the best way to counter his former friend’s claim “you’re unprincipled and you’re scaring me” was to publicly share years of personal communications with said friend.

13 Likes

I wonder how long before he sues over commercial exploitation of his image?

6 Likes

I think that’s a job for a character known as…Harsh Reality.

8 Likes

If using the phrase ‘shaman’ to refer to this idiot is offensive to any indigenous group, I’m happy to stop for their sake, not for his.

I also recall us all being opposed to the prison industrial complex a few months ago. Defund the police and all that.

Also, I’m with DiveGirl - we need a sound bite expert who can play on emotions deftly if we’re going to convince the right of anything at all. Reality doesn’t get through. Emotions do. It’s unfortunate that we don’t have anybody with that skill who isn’t a complete shit.

It doesn’t get through. People are dying of COVID and using their last breath to deny it.

2 Likes