Capitol hill rioter Jacob Chansley to plead guitly, would like to no longer be called "Qanon Shaman"

I just don’t have high hopes that sending left-leaning loudmouth assholes onto Fox News is a winning strategy because the nature and format of the medium itself is damaging to credibility and rational discourse.

Debating the issues on Fox News is like stepping into a mud wrestling ring: even if you “win” you end up so filthy that you’re virtually indistinguishable from your opponent.

17 Likes

Reality is implacable and patient. Pundits are neither.

4 Likes

Chansley’s mouthpiece is a master of bullshit:

The path charted by Mr. Chansley since January 6 has been a process, one which has involved pain, depression, solitary confinement, introspection, recognition of mental health vulnerabilities, and a coming to grips with the need for more self-work.

4 Likes

I think the harsh reality is going to be on US.

Our country’s future is going to be limited to the whims of the loudest liars and pundits; bullying and weaseling reasonable people out of positions that oversee education, health, politics, and (perhaps most importantly) the environment. It’ll start looking more like the middle east.

The conservative dream of burning civilization back to the stone age will play out writ large as our planet tries to shake the scourge off of itself. More rapidly, too! So there’s that to look forward to.

5 Likes

31 Likes

TAFKAQS? (The asshole formerly as Quanon Shaman?)

2 Likes

He’s so soft, he should be called the QAnon Charmin…

8 Likes

Let’s see, there’s Doctors Crane, Strange, and Quinn, but they’re staff; of course Bruce Wayne has been committed a few times, if we’re including homonyms we’ve got Mr. Fries, Victor Zsasz, Ra’z al Ghul, Oswald Cobblepot ususally uses his real name, and Carmine Falcone, off the top of my head. And I’m not really a comic books fan.

3 Likes

It makes more sense if you start with the axiom that Glenn Greenwald is the good guy and always right, and anyone who disagrees with him is a bad person.

2 Likes

OMG that is hilarious! Right up there with “DON’T READ TO ME!”
Had to go on my computer to steal the image. thx! lol

3 Likes

Sure thing, Qanon Shannon Charmin Karen.

4 Likes

He will always be the Qanon Shaman.

5 Likes

“The Shaman Rioter Formerly Known As QAnon.”

6 Likes

Dancing with the insurrectionists?

3 Likes

I vote for “Treason Bunny.” Or “Buffalo Benedict.”

3 Likes

Is that a typo in the title, or is he really pleading “guitly”? I’ll not be surprised either way.

3 Likes

But that’s the most polite name I have for him!

2 Likes

Greenwald responded roughly an hour later, saying in a tweet thread: “Friendships that depend on political agreement were never ‘friendships,’ just cynical transactions.”

I get the feeling that there is a lot of projection in that comment.

14 Likes

Dollar Store Jamiroquai?

12 Likes

Makes me wonder if Mr. “please don’t refer to me as X” would also be willing to respect someone’s preferred pronouns.

I’m guessing probably not.

10 Likes