Capitol hill rioter Jacob Chansley to plead guitly, would like to no longer be called "Qanon Shaman"

Especially given the fact that he apparently thinks Chelsea Manning “owes” him her continued support and friendship because he once donated $10K to her cause.

I don’t know if Fox News and Tucker Carlson helped turn Glenn Greenwald into the dumpster fire of a human being he is today or just gave him the platform he always secretly wanted to be his worst self. In either event I think society as a whole was made worse off by the two coming together.

8 Likes

I’ve seen him on CNN a few times and can confirm. This this guy is a total weaver of bullshit and comes off as a total slimeball.

Unfortunately he also strikes me as more of a Saul Goodman kind of slimeball versus a Rudy Giuliani slimeball. That is to say he seems dangerously competent.

5 Likes

Okay, Buffalo Wig.
Whatever you say…

2 Likes

7 Likes

Likely he’ll just get time served and maybe probation if he gets counseling.

Be interesting to see what he pleads to.

Anyone know what he did to earn a living, if anything? Can’t see him having a lot of marketable skills or genuine expertise in much that would be useful.

I imagine his attorneys are looking for a book or movie deal for him as it’s not like he has a lot of disposable income for what is likely a hefty bill since I see the word “attorneys” and that rings like giant cash registers at a per minute rate higher than most people make hourly.

3 Likes

Not to drag this too Off-Topic, but Greenwald (also Maher) was never so much a progressive or liberal as he was a small-l libertarian. When it suited Greenwald’s career ambitions he aligned himself with the left. Now he’s chosen to find his allies amongst right-wing populists. It’s easy to make that switch when one is an arsehole to begin with.

9 Likes

There’s a hard core in this somewhere. Look in the background Such will not be in front wearing childish costumes and drawing attention.

They will not stand out and they will not be leading from the front or making a spectacle of themselves.

I inagine it is classified but if I was involved in this type of security and I once was, I’d be very concerned about what the quiet ones were doing in Senatorial offices and such.

Politicians have a very “Security rules are not for me” attitude about a lot of things that should never be left out or think that a locked desk drawer is just fine.

Counter-intellgence has probably been sweating bullets over what might have gotten compromised and copied and where it ended up.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read, the tactical chain of Meal Team Six/Proud Boys have mostly been ID’d and arrested.

6 Likes

I’m a bit surprised no one has been waving cultural appropriation at him since that headdress has a sacred meaning to a number of native tribes and I rather doubt he is an authentic Lakota in any part of this reality.

2 Likes

I thought Treason Bunny was Boebert’s code name.

8 Likes

Sooner than that. One minute after his punishment/probationary period is over, he will renounce all his previous renunciations “his lawyer made him say” and be back to his old ways, on the QAnon / Big Lie / Stop the Steal / Mike Flynn / Kraken circuit. None of these old dogs can learn new tricks, unless it’s court-ordered.

4 Likes

Seems like a slightly more competent, slightly less slimy lawyer would have at least said “a first love a boy may have for a girl” or “a first love a man may have for a woman” instead of… ick.

Looks like Qanon Shaman will be doing about four years in prison as a result of the plea deal. Seems like a pretty reasonable outcome.

9 Likes

He’s not that virtual.

4 Likes

He reminds me of Nathan Thurm.

5 Likes

…and I’ll call him “Guitly”

3 Likes

Jacob Chansley? So that’s his name? I’m sure he’s big on freedom of speech… so I’ll continue to call him “Qanon Shaman”, if it’s all the same to him… or not. :grin:

6 Likes

And the Qanon Shaman will probably never learn (CW: the video shows some of the worst humanity had to offer in the early 90s.)

3 Likes

The Fascist, Traitorous Dipshit named “Jacob Chansley” will always be called the Q-Anon Shaman.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha

Bless you for this comment. It’s just what I needed today.

As you were.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 7.47.58 PM

2 Likes