CEOs quit Trump: The 1% can't win elections unless the 99% turkeys vote for Christmas

Peak capitalism?

Sure feels like it to me.

2 Likes

The Bohemian Grove two-week event was in July, so it can’t be that.

3 Likes

22 Likes

Weird how he only had something to say about one of them, albeit the first one to quit…

9 Likes

The more “business-friendly” policies are enacted, the more likely the median Republican voter is to lose their health care, get their jobs offshored, send their children to a sub-par school, be injured on the job, get sick from industrial pollution, and be boiled in their own pudding as climate changes.

So just to be clear: the “business-friendly” policies of the Democrats avoids all that bad stuff?

5 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Googler pens anti-diversity screed

That one genuinely surprised me. I was looking at the list and thinking he was the least vulnerable to pressure given the extremely conservative nature of most professional associations.

1 Like

About all i can say is 'rats leaving a sinking ship. They’ve seen how unstable and tantrum prone Trump is and so want to distance themselves as much as possible without active alienation for when/if other more friendly figures pop up. The problem is by everything I’ve seen Trump will see a simple withdrawal like this as a personal insult that must be met with maximum force as opposed to a deep thoughtful measured response after a careful examination of the situation.

2 Likes

But he’s not racist. It’s just our librul imaginations… /s

6 Likes

I don’t know their particular reasons, but maybe they still believe there is even a small chance Trump is actually capable of being advised? Advising the president is not a partisan activity, and if anything if you believe such a thing is possible then trying to be on an advisory council becomes even more important the more strongly you disagree with Trump’s current views.

5 Likes

Inspired writing, but I’m not sure you closed the links in the chain tightly enough, when you seek to connect the CEOs pulling out with the Right self-destructing. Another pass at editing please.

He wasn’t even the first to quit - only the first to quit over this particular issue. And it really shows Trump’s true nature - not just racist, but his complete inability to be strategic or self-censoring when it’s in his best interest. Even when being accused of being too amiable with racists, he can’t help but attack the black guy. (Although an even worse possibility is this was Trump being strategic, and attacking the black guy was a message to his racist base that he’s still with them. But Trump being Trump, it’s far more likely to be unrestrained racism rather than calculated racism.)

7 Likes

That’s what I meant; I should have clarified.

Very true.

5 Likes

Perhaps he (correctly) perceives that his critics are unlikely to ‘come around’ so he’s strategically best off courting the racists and using just enough flak and smokescreen to keep the liberals from rallying around a coherent critique?

2 Likes

A chicken in every pothole.

2 Likes

Oh, he definitely doesn’t want to offend the racists. He hates to turn away anyone who wants to adore him, and white-supremacists have always been a key part of his effort to raise support (and that’s clearly where his sympathies lie). Not immediately condemning the racists in explicit terms was enough to give them the wink. Going out of his way to attack a black CEO while he’s been accused of being too cozy with racists was an unnecessary step - that was Trump not being able to help himself. (As was Trump overtly voicing support for neo-Nazis in his most recent press conference.)

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder what’s so special about him? /s (because Poe’s Law gets to heavy a workout these days to assume everyone will understand what is obvious sarcasm. Someone would probably say it straight).

1 Like

They’re really just fluffers if they stay.

3 Likes

Kudos for this. There’s an opinion piece in the CBC today about how maybe people should stay and try to use their position to moderate Trump. But this whole thing was always just for show. Does anyone really think Trump is going to anything seriously? It was a for Trump to aggrandize himself by being photographed with important people.

3 Likes
2 Likes