Cesar Sayoc Jr., Florida man, arrested in pipe bomb case; van with 'right wing paraphernalia' seized

In a rational world, “stupid and evil” would qualify as “nuts” but in our current world, it has become an acceptable state for certain… varieties… of political thought.

4 Likes

For further reading:

Szlemko, W.J., Benfield, J.A., Bell, P.A., Deffenbacher, J.L., Troup, L. (2008). Territorial Markings as a Predictor of Driver Aggression and Road Rage. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 38(6), 1664-1688. DOI: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2008.00364.x

3 Likes

can’t it be both things? because that works for me.

2 Likes

My question is what image Fox News will use with such lovely selections of him supporting Trump available.

4 Likes

I predict they will ignore it completely.

5 Likes

No, because again we’re not actually qualified to make such assessments, especially in a world that was actually rational and just.

When I use the word ‘evil,’ I’m not making a spiritual judgement based on any personal religious beliefs; I’m talking about a total failing of that person’s humanity and a lack of good core values.

No, because it leads to arbitrarily villifying regular people with mental health issues in general, and that’s not “okay.”

I think you may need to revisit the site terms and conditions:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/mod-policy-on-mental-illness/129091/42

*Edited for typos, and because my spellcheck seems to be ‘on vacation.’

7 Likes

[CURRENT PHOTO NOT AVAILABLE]

4 Likes

[source: https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/10/1862/1048/Cesat-7.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

Color me surprised. Guess they’re trying to get out ahead of the freight train with the crazy train.

10 Likes

Trump did think his inauguration numbers were booming.

11 Likes

Joke made before news update.

2 Likes
4 Likes

And I am not referring to “nuts” as a psychiatric diagnosis (I really do not think the DSM 5 would validate that term) but as “outside the acceptable, understandable behavioral norms of society.” I agree with your definition of evil, and well, stupid pretty much speaks for itself.

5 Likes

We used to DREAM about a hole in the ground, we had to live in a lake.

5 Likes

I mean “nutcase” in a strictly pejorative sense. It’s not a diagnosis and not intended to imply that he is not in command of a sufficient amount of his faculties to be legally responsible for his actions.

2 Likes

So what your are suggesting is George Soros was really planning ahead and got a ringer to go to all of Trump events and act like a fan for 2 years just so he could have a false flag now by having a guy send him a real bomb that was somehow designed to not go off while still being an actual bomb?

(The argument I expect next from people is how he was a long game plant)

5 Likes

No True Scotsman Right-Wing Wing-Nut.

5 Likes

night-court-spit-take-dan

17 Likes

It’s still an arbitrary judgement of someone’s mental health, and that is frowned upon here.

There are plenty of decent, non-violent people all throughout the world who suffer from some form of mental illness, and automatically associating that Florida trashbag with them is horribly unfair and even stigmatizing to them.

I’ll stick with stupid and evil, until someone can provide concrete evidence to convince me otherwise.

7 Likes

“Nutcase” is a pejorative for “person with mental illness”.

3 Likes

As Anthony McAuliffe said to the Nazis at Bastogne: NUTS!

This guy is:

• guilty of terroristic bombing threats (still on probation, we’ll see)
  • had a long criminal arrest record (including steroid use…)
  • clearly a MAGA maniac (that ‘vanifesto’, his social media trail, and numerous photos of him with MAGA gear
  • Anthony McAuliffe’s reply to the Nazis at Bastogne

That George Soros fella plays a really long game I tell ya

6 Likes