Cesar Sayoc Jr., Florida man, arrested in pipe bomb case; van with 'right wing paraphernalia' seized

I think it depends on the county in Michigan. I know that Benzie county uses both sand and salt. I’ve been behind plenty of plow trucks with salt being spread from the back of them. I’ve seen them spread lots of sand too. I think they do the sand because it’s readily available. Almost all the ground in that area is nothing but sand.

2 Likes

Arranged for Seminole Tribe dude to be released despite his previous bomb threats, knowing that he would gravitate to the Trump campaign and eventually discredit the respectable right-wing extremists in some way.

IOW Seminole Tribe dude is an unwitting False Flag / Crisis Actor who was radicalised by liberals.

1 Like

That’s the responsible answer until more info is known. “Appears to be partisan.” is pretty accurate.

3 Likes

Mr Sayoc’s native language is ALLCAPS.

12 Likes

How hard is it to follow the “don’t diagnose people with having a mental illness” rule? It gets mentioned every time something like this happens, yet we still have semi-regular commenters break it.

9 Likes

Maybe I have my own challenges.

2 Likes

“But we’re not going to adopt some Newspeak that tries to eliminates our ability to express contempt.”

Not sure that expressing contempt for folks with a mental illness is the best way to go either.

Even if one is a licensed Phrenologist and can diagnose from afar using just a few pictures.

7 Likes

Hey buddy, just checking in. How did your research go?

10 Likes

don’t rush good detective work… this will take at least… 5 hours.

11 Likes

It’s like some people think the rules somehow don’t apply to them.

7 Likes

Please don’t squeeze the Chaeremon…I’ll just leave now.

15 Likes

The tribe put out a press release saying he was neither an member or employee

15 Likes

Indiana-Jones-I-love-you

14 Likes

Evil sounds too calculating and rational to me…How about “fanatic”? That has the proper “responding with extreme emotion and violence to things that most people can handle with relative equanimity” implication that is definitely warranted here.

5 Likes

There are other tribes in Florida. A lot unrecognized tribes. And a lot of people of Native decent who either never got registered or aren’t elligible based on the bullshit blood purity standards used.

That said there are also a lot of white folks who are obsessed with an idealised version if Native Americans who either believe strongly their native or will masquerade as such. And those who will do it for profit. And the whole noble savage obsession seems to live pretty deep in older Americans and certain right wing individualist movements.

Also that’s a lot of variations of the name. Maybe its an alias?

I think it’s probably the rarest of birds who would resort to extremist acts and not be a fanatic. You’re pretty safe there. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hence the reason why I prefaced it with ‘stupid.’

Relentless, mindless hatred can turn even the smartest person into a flailing imbecile.

As for “fanatic,” that descriptive definitely seems to fit this scenario.

6 Likes

“stupid and evil”

Perhaps differently morally abled would be more appropriate?

2 Likes

When you start having images of “enemies” with crosshairs on them, that really takes it to a new level. Anyone driving around literally putting targets on people is probably doing something nasty, even if it isn’t a bombing campaign.

Given the way the trail of evidence had to have been followed, it was probably seen well after they already had him as a suspect.
If I were driving around and saw that van, I’d give it a wide berth - he’s essentially fantasizing about killing Trump critics on the van itself, after all.

8 Likes

Over on Reddit’s The_Donald some are already making statements to that effect. Yes, the MAGAbomber is actually some sort of left-wing sleeper agent who was planted as a Trump supporter ahead of the election that (nearly) nobody expected Trump to even win, just so he could make repubs look bad in the next election.

It boggles the mind.

Most of the tripe being spouted there is at least marginally less tinfoil-hat territory. Such as suggesting Sayoc is merely the patsy in a frame-up, or just no true scotsman.

9 Likes