Cesar Sayoc Jr., Florida man, arrested in pipe bomb case; van with 'right wing paraphernalia' seized

IIRC he would get preferential consideration for government contracts, thereby living up to right wing stereotypes of minorities living on handouts from Uncle Sam…

5 Likes

Jakers! I think you’re onto something! Who can we tell? The World Weekly News is gone, and the Secret Service will only cover it up. RT America maybe?

2 Likes

OH… on her COMPUTER! HOW DARE SHE!!! The MONSTER!!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s not even it. Generally these days a computer of some sort. And an internet connection is necessary just to go about your daily life. You need it to find a job, keep a job, pay bills etc. Problems with computer/internet access are huge in dealing with poverty issues.

Generally speaking impoverished people use a smart phone. They don’t have laptops, tablets and desktops at home. They have a prepaid smart phone. And it’s the only internet connected device they have. You can get a used or non flashy but very good smart phone pretty fucking cheap these days. Compared to separate phone and internet service and a separate device for your computing it’s much much cheaper. It’s why cheap Android phones are that huge growth sector in the developing world.

So that’s a bit like complaining some ones has the nice bus pass.

That’s actually a thing people do. Take advantage of the Native American community basically. There’s a built in customer base of people looking to support Native American businesses and if you’re looking to scam, well just call yourself Native Sun Plumbing and Dentistry and run off with the cash.

But there’s also this really weird phenomenon of white folks who are weirdly obsessed with Native Americans just straight up presenting themselves as Indians. To the point of trying to get tribal memberships or inventing tribes and trying to get them reckognized. I’m talking well beyond the typical “Cherokee Princess” family story. People basically walking around in Navajo cosplay and claiming to have been raised on a reservation that doesn’t exist.

Both are a regular enough occurance that the NA community gets pretty punchy about it.

Think you have to prove tribal affiliation for that sort of thing. And he doesn’t have that apparently.

8 Likes

FTA

on several occasions, he threatened other dancers and was constantly jealous of colleagues who were making more money than him or diminishing his presence on stage

Sounds like exactly the kind of person that would instantly fall in love with Trump’s rhetoric.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Fake Seminole, real Assole.

3 Likes

I went to college with a guy like that. May be different phenomena though, since he said a lot of crazy stuff. Trained as a vampire hunter. Got shot as part of a gang initiation ritual (he was from a small town in Minnesota), etc.

I recall him “discovering” his heritage one day, and 3 weeks later talking about growing up on a reservation.

3 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bomb-suspect-cesar-sayoc-apos-212720054.html

5 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.