Chelsea Manning is a free woman

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/17/we-love-you-chelsea.html

23 Likes

Epic.
I wish her the best.

20 Likes

inb4 “Chelsea Manning is not a woman” trolls.

14 Likes

Really? What board do you live on?

Yay Chelsea, hope she is doing well.

4 Likes

##About damn time!

16 Likes

Good for her!

6 Likes

She’s on “active duty” but not getting paid… While she’s out of prison, I would hardly call it “free.”

3 Likes

Now that she’s out… she really needs to get a new picture taken

5 Likes

One can hardly blame her if she’d prefer some degree of anonymity at this point.

15 Likes

Amen. With luck—a lot of luck—America may one day realize the debt it owes to her. On that glorious day I hope they mark this realization with something subtle. Like a plaque. And a 150ft statue of her crushing the last five presidents or so under her boot-heel. Give it one of those insufferably high-minded high-Victorian titles like 'Transparency Drives Out Injustice, War-Mongering, Secrecy, and Betrayal." And put it somewhere suitable. Like Fort Meade.

12 Likes

Ha! You must be a vet, too.

1 Like

“Democracy Dies in Darkness”

2 Likes

Not a lot to choose from there

3 Likes

Hot dog! I hope she takes a good deal of time ro recover, then go very, very public with extraordinarily ascerbic criticisms of the current administration’s multitudinal failings.

4 Likes

Would her active duty status prevent her from emigrating to a safer country?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s damning with faint praise, that is.

2 Likes

I was wondering when someone would get around to posting about this;

There’s only so much negative discussion about current events that one can take.

Good for her, insert ‘Thanks Obama!’ meme here _____.

8 Likes

As I understand it, she’s not been kicked out of the military yet because her conviction is still under appeal. Silver lining: she gets medical coverage in the meantime.

5 Likes

Chelsea did so well to survive her time behind bars. I’m very glad she’s got at least a semblance of freedom now.

5 Likes

Hopefully she’ll be given a general or disability discharge for PTSD, assuming she wants a discharge, and not lose her benefits.

5 Likes