Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot has 2 words for Donald Trump: 'It starts with F and ends with U'

Righteous indignation from a respected leader who normally holds themselves to a higher standard cuts like a sword blade through the fiddle-faddle spewed by most of the politicians and media.

There are times when swearing is the right thing to do. We are living in such a time right now.

33 Likes

Go madame mayor! i love you.

8 Likes

I understand the sentiment behind the words since they are built into our vernacular. But profanity just makes individuals seem uneducated when used in a public space where decorum is necessary.

“He is an ignorant, racist individual who is using a ridiculous software platform to spread hate and violence. No other leader of the United States has ever done this, and hopefully his replacement or Congress will enshrine such rules to ensure this never happens again”. That’s better than F… …U.

IMHO.

Is a rambling opinion that I had to read three times to figure out who was speaking and what the point was.

FU Mr President (to summarize)

Is all the rage and pain of generations murdered and oppressed distilled into a perfect beautiful diamond.

20 Likes

We had this very nice neighbor lady when I was a kid. She knew I was a bookworm and would often give me her paperbacks after getting done with them. (She gave me her older kid’s collection of Tom Swift Jr., sci-fi books since she knew I was into sci-fi and such.) The paperbacks varied from Westerns to detective stories; I happily thanked her even though I wasn’t into those genres. I clearly recall the detective/crime paperbacks’ attempts at realism by occasionally employing cusswords, but of a modified variety, such as “motherjumper”. I later suspected (but never verified) that the rather dated paperbacks were sticking to some ‘code’ that prevented spicier accuracy. As far as some printable substitute back then for “fuck you!”, I don’t recall ever seeing “jump you!”.

8 Likes

Fuck civility. Give me someone who fucking swears, I’m sick of all the courteous ass kissing we’ve given that tangerine dung beetle.

Go madam mayor!

14 Likes

Dear Mayor - if anything:

20 Likes

28 Likes

The power in her saying this is entirely due to her position as mayor. It’s one thing for all of us to tell Turnip to fuck off, but when a mayor of a major city is so fed up with his shit that she says this from an official podium not as a citizen, but as a government official, you know just how seriously she holds the sentiment.

Everyone knows Turnip is a jackass doing everything as wrong as possible; stating it so politely/factually just blends into the noise.

17 Likes

To be honest, I’m disappointed as well… but not for the same reason. As we edge closer and closer to open, blatant fascism, we’ve seen so many people race to accept and promote Trump’s evil policies, and more compromise or stay silent in fear of retribution (which unfortunately isn’t so unreasonable a fear.) Too few worthy souls have been brave enough to publicly stand in opposition and state their defiance, no matter the cost.

This is why some of us do feel the urge to celebrate those individuals. We need more examples like this, to keep our own spirits up and know there are others out there still willing to fight the good fight. They are points of light and hope in the growing darkness.

That’s how I see it, at least.

25 Likes

Umm, why is cunnilingus a punishment? Considering Hell’s where all the pervs are sposda go, Satan’s probs got a lotta fun stuff goin’ on down there between those thighs… I’d give it a shot.

7 Likes

Abso-fucking-lutely!

14 Likes

…Wow. This lady’s slightly halting, totally authentic delivery has made her one of my current favorite public speakers. Just wow. I cannot recall a moment that felt more genuine in American politics for a long, long time. I want Lori Lightfoot as President, no hyperbole.

Longer excerpt of the speech:

10 Likes

Maybe she’s a raging hardcore Marvel fan and was saying “Fellate Yondu.” And as everyone knows [spoilers]…Yondu is dead. So she’t telling him to perform a necrophilic act on a blue alien.
Yeah, that tracks.

ETA: spoiler covers

15 Likes

My Impeached President Trump has not been briefed on crowd control technology. No one needs to die.

2 Likes

If it’s good enough for LeVar, then FUCK is a worthy statement of our times.

18 Likes

I’d like to point out that both Rudyard Kipling and Charles Dickens used the expression “There are two words to that” meaning exactly the same two words as are indicated here. Of course the mayor couldn’t be so vague with the President, as the President is unlikely to work out which two words those might be.

10 Likes

What’s wrong with advising someone to “Follow Vishnu”, especially if preserving the country is literally their job?

7 Likes

F U isn’t name calling. It’s a call to action.

7 Likes