Chick-fil-A manager's list of forbidden words

but you ken spell stuff wrong anytime ya feelikeit - at Chick-fil-A

6 Likes

I confess, I stopped at McDonalds this weekend in Northern Virginia for an emergency iphone charge (do the new ones hold their charge longer? dang) and, as expected, it was a depressing experience… the manager was yelling across the room at the cashier and another employee on his break… “No, No… he’s not allowed to order a Happy Meal for his employee meal!! he can have a McDouble, but employees don’t get Happy Meals!!” in retrospect I should’ve bought him a damn happy meal and given it to him right there in front of her. Instead, i just left feeling depressed.

4 Likes

NO CHICK-FOR-U! Soup Nazi + Grammar Nazi + a soupcon of klansman. Might as well cross out that list and write TALK WHITE.

3 Likes

NOOooooo, that’s exactly the type of person who should NOT be in law enforcement. That’s the type of cop who turns a broken headlight into news at 11 because someone wasn’t respecting their authoriTEH.

1 Like

He’s a manager at Chick-Fil-A, I’d be more surprised if he wasn’t a giant killjoy; the company’s owned by the “anything fun is inherently sinful until proven otherwise” kind of Christians, making this kind of list is probably corporate policy.

6 Likes

You are supposed to say “double plus salt” I think if you mean too salty.

4 Likes

Internet is a series of tubes. Maybe “straw” is AOL’s bandwidth-referencing slang for the last-mile?

2 Likes

i think around 90% is age-related. i’m in my 50s but because i teach 11-12 year-olds i knew everything on there except p.o.p. hold it dine and 3hunnid.

As an antidote to that imperious arbiter of professional language, here’s Stephen Pinker on Point of Inquiry podcast, pushing back against grammar pedants. Harvard psychology professor and the motherfucking chair of the Usage Panel of the American Heritage dictionary, yo.

3 Likes

Basically, stop being black.

Don’t they know who eats at Chik-fil-a?

2 Likes

For a shitty fast food joint with a reputation for being run by bigoted assholes? For the customers who find that okay, you may be right.

1 Like

Not many black people, from what I’ve seen. The extra attention drawn to the whole ‘owned by hardcore baptists’ thing has changed their demographic to white conservatives going there just to spite LGBT and LGBT-supporting people. That could just be the few I’ve been to, though.

WRONG. Say "The Customer claims this food is hypersaline.

1 Like

They’re perfect exemplars of Christian† values at Chick-fil-A…

† for some meaning of the word “Christian”

2 Likes

Talk white? It looks to me like generic slang to me.

3 Likes

Bae, you fool!

To be fair, a lot of american slang started as african-american slang popularized by music.

1 Like

I felt old before. I’m 44 and still say “groovy” non-ironically. I was stumped by most of these, but certainly not to the point where I’d be bothered by kids using this language. Not one of these terms is anything the BS&P people would give us script notes about, so any kid flipping burgers for me would be welcome to say this stuff all the livelong day, far as I’m concerned.

I want my fast-food folks to be clean and reasonably friendly (or at least to tamp down the surliness as far as their meager paychecks allow). But “professional”? Nah, they can be professional when they land a real job. If their job entails nametags, hairnets, and a minimum wage, then I don’t expect them to be any more professional than they wanna be.

What’s “bae” mean?

4 Likes

POP Hold it down!

Manager may as well ban innernet memes.

Now and then, I still say “solid”.

2 Likes