Classified documents found in Trump's storage unit

Originally published at: Classified documents found in Trump's storage unit | Boing Boing

15 Likes

Archive version for those who need it:

https://archive.ph/7bJuS

21 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

28 Likes

Captain Obvious: “Copies were also found in Russia, North Korea, Iran…”

46 Likes

Now, please!
season 2 lol GIF by #Impastor

39 Likes

Does it change anything if it’s a GSA owned unit?
Presumably, GSA policy requires that such things be 1) kept in more highly secured locations and 2) not kept for the benefit of people not entitled to them.
Maybe Donald Trump rotated out the presidential playthings from his office, and this contained the overflow that didn’t fit the Maralago closet.

7 Likes

Not to worry! Declassifying!

She-Ra 80S GIF

60 Likes

Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

13 Likes

So, Trump’s lawyers are already facing possible perjury charges for avowing that the FBI got all the classified shit Trump stole, and being proven wrong. Then they hired their own team to go looking for more shit, because I guess they no longer believe anything Trump tells them (welcome to the party, boys!).

I cannot wait to see how this plays out in court.

45 Likes

Usually the finds on “Storage Wars” aren’t the kind of thing that could alter the outcome of actual wars.

48 Likes

The linked WaPo article says it was a privately-owned unit, the GSA only helped with the moving of boxes. Presumably they were unaware there was classified stuff in there.

21 Likes

22 Likes

Also claims these were from an office used by staff members. Why did they need swords?

Emails released by the General Services Administration, which assists former presidents during their transition to private life, show that the government agency helped rent the storage unit at a private facility in West Palm Beach on July 21, 2021. The unit was needed to store items that had been held at an office in Northern Virginia used by Trump staffers in the months just after he left office.

The emails show that the GSA and Trump staffers worked together to arrange to ship several pallets of boxes and other items weighing more than 3,000 pounds from Northern Virginia to the Florida storage unit in September 2021.

A person familiar with the matter said the storage unit had a mix of boxes, gifts, suits and clothes, among other things. “It was suits and swords and wrestling belts and all sorts of things,” this person said. “To my knowledge, he has never even been to that storage unit. I don’t think anyone in Trump World could tell you what’s in that storage unit.”

20 Likes

lildonny

55 Likes

Those are for the ceremonial sabreing of bottles of Diet Coke. He’s a classy dude, that Donnie.

17 Likes

“I was a business man, doing espionage.”

11 Likes

It’s so disheartening to consider that one day that idiot is going to have a Presidential Library where all his stupid self-aggrandizing tchotchkes are going to be put on display as if they were Abraham Lincoln’s hat or the original handwritten copy of an FDR speech.

13 Likes

Why did he need swords? For dancing with! Seriously though, these could really have been Saudi gifts

17 Likes

A gift from PBS?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out they were “liberated” during his U.K. visit.

4 Likes