Cleanup on aisle Trump, don't forget the bleach

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/24/cleanup-on-aisle-trump-dont.html

6 Likes

Don’t forget that he continued to insist it was something we should be looking into even AFTER he claimed he was just being sarcastic.

One would think that a person who lies this much would at least be reasonably good at it by now.

29 Likes

Dear people that willingly work with and enable 45;

If the stress and strain of trying to work with an unpredictable imbecile who constantly undermines your ability to do your job at every turn ever feels unbearable to you… GOOD.

Sincerely,

Melz

43 Likes

The history is not going to be kind to Mitch McConnell.

10 Likes

Can that history go ahead and start now?

30 Likes

Hear hear. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who has willingly accepted a position with this administration. The whole “it would be so much worse if I wasn’t here to rein him in” line is not only a complete crock of shit and wildly egotistical (not a damn soul can rein this fool in), it is precisely how an abusive relationship persists. But instead of you self-important admin officials taking a beating, it’s the whole damn country and large portions of the planet.

Edit for clarity.
Edited again because I realized I spelled “rein” as “reign”, which is too close to something this turd wants to allow to remain.

15 Likes

God, I would love to see that. Where is corona when you need it?

1 Like

Biff and his followers do like their “jokes”, don’t they.

Not if he and his ilk keep winning.

21 Likes

6 Likes

48 Likes

How long before Goop and Jim Bakker start selling bleach injections and/or supplements?

9 Likes

The president says he was being sarcastic when he suggested…

So he also doesn’t know what sarcasm is.

11 Likes

Seems like he’s done that before - claim he was misinterpreted, or was kidding, and then say the same thing again, even more clearly. He’s disavowing his statements because he was told to, and used the strategy he was told to use; problem is, he’s too cognitively challenged to understand why what he said was so dumb, so he’s just going to repeat it.

He ain’t smart enough for that. And it’s not that he’s “lying” per se, but that he isn’t capable of living in the real world.

My general sentiment, but I make an exception for public health officials who stay in their positions in order to try to get some accurate information out, which might save lives. They know that the moment they’re perceived as crossing Trump, they’re out, and some utter moron will be in, more than happy to spread disinformation.

Everybody else, though? (Un)fuck them soooo hard.

Too late! They’re way ahead of you.
“The organization markets a “Miracle Mineral Solution” as a cure for a number of diseases, including allergies, blood infections, influenza, lyme disease and, most recently, coronavirus. The MMS contains chlorine dioxide, which the FDA has warned will turn into bleach when mixed with other things.”

15 Likes

I love that he thinks that being sarcastic would be an actual defense of what he said. Even if he was being sarcastic, which he clearly wasn’t, that too is incredibly ignorant and irresponsible. It was a national press conference from the White House, not the first person on stage during an open mic night at a dive bar.

18 Likes

Fine, yes Donny, have people look into it, but can you be the first human test subject? It’s perfectly safe. Probably. Where do you want us to shove this ultraviolet light first?

8 Likes

I’d start with the darkest place first.

3 Likes

You need to add “Shrug” as one of the story tags. Because what else are ya gonna do?

2 Likes

So he was “sarcastic” in the same way a terrible humor site with fake news is “satirical”. That is, they aren’t.

4 Likes

Although that’s not Goop or Jim Bakker, is it? This is someone else with poison to peddle.

6 Likes

I could be projecting, but I think that’s part of his attraction.

You wouldn’t be hassling your uncle Fred for saying whatever comes into his mind, contradicting himself twice in once sentence, and having no cohesive train of thought, so why is the press hassling the president? He’s just a regular guy (okay, a regular guy after three or four beers).

Maybe you and I want a leader who is smarter than we are. But I don’t think that feeling is universally shared in American society.

2 Likes