Clerk jailed for refusing same-sex marriage licenses writes of "furious, fist-pounding homosexual men"

Foreword by Mike Huckabee, he forgot he said these words at one time…

Except for them UnAmerican gays.

3 Likes

I always thought of Christians as such a happy people. But now I see that they’re very angry. Look at that picture of the clerk: She’s an angry Christian. I don’t understand what she’s angry about. I really hoped that with the election of our 45th Christian president that we had moved past all of this. I mean, they get the whole month of December now. What else do they want?

4 Likes

Twice, no less.

A classic.

if you cater to The Homosexual Scourge, you ride with Hitler!

I like how you think, sir. I would go see a Pet Shop Boys/Oak Ridge Boys cover band.

3 Likes

Will they do mashups?

“Countin’ flowers on the wall, that don’t bother me at all. What have I, what have I, what have I done.”

5 Likes

6 Likes

A word which also goes with “-Off”

Christians also seem to have a non-consensual oral fixation. Always talking about things being rammed down their throats. Especially when having to do something simple, like treating gays as human beings.

1 Like

Surely you mean the Statler Brothers?

2 Likes

Don’t miss out on Pounded in the Ass by My Own Ass. Truly a masterclass in recursion in regards to the posterior.

4 Likes

Lots of people are unable to reasonably articulate their viewpoints. Not very many people default to death threats when they can’t think of the right words to say.

1 Like

Ooh, don’t let Alex Jones catch a gander at that. He’d blow a gasket.

4 Likes

The first volume in the Buttesseract anthology.

6 Likes

““Under God’s Authority: The Kim Davis Story””
What a stunningly arrogant title.

One more “Christian Taliban” who thinks their version of “god” must the the one everyone follows or else.

If she had kept her opinions inside her church and not tried to turn a public office into a religious tool, I’d not give a damn. But her personal opinion as to what constitutes a proper set of people for marriage is of no consequence in a public, governmental setting.

I have no direct stake in this as I am an old, white, straight male but, by the god I don’t believe in, to put obstacles in the path of people trying to make a formal commitment of their love and to gain the benefits society decrees such unions get is offensive beyond words.

And even further, to think you (her) are qualified to "speak for’ some god or another or to think you are a “holy warrior” is hubris beyond reason and borders on insanity.

15 Likes

I had an uncle who also thought most of the things that she expressed, and was quite vehement in his denunciation of the gays.

‘Name one ancient civilization that survived after making the gays legal!!’ He would demand. Asking him to name one that survived after not making it legal only further upset him.

But then, he was a bona fide schizophrenic whose illness had manifested in the form of profound religious faith (which actually helped him a lot) but had the unfortunate side impact of intense homophobia, The illness cost him his job (as a biologist - evolution being an issue), his marriage and eventually his life. But at no point was his homophobia acceptable.

1 Like

His “logic” was even more flawed. If it survived until now, it’s not an “ancient civilization” by definition, at least as I suspect he meant it.

Schizophrenia has a long and complex involvement with religion. As someone once said: “Claim your get policy directions and advice from Jesus and you are a wise man who should be President, claim you get policy directions and advice from a hair dryer and you are a schizophrenic who should be locked up”.

1 Like

oh yeah, they also like talking about guys getting nailed. /sunglasses

1 Like

wow that pissed me off, because inalienable rights means nobody gave you those rights (although they may have fought to keep you from being deprived of your rights)