Clickhole spent a day slandering Cap'n Crunch

Yes, yes I was.

I don’t eat it anymore, but Cap’n Crunch Soup might be something I’d ask for as a final wish.

1 Like

At the risk of sounding like I’m doing a Seinfeld impersonation… what’s the deal with cereal anyway? Isn’t it such a weird food. What other food do we dehydrate and then soak briefly in cold liquid before consuming. I know the history with Kellogg… but that even makes it weirder, cuz it started with this thing that was basically inedible unless it was soaked in liquid. and then people were just like, “yeah let’s keep doing this”? Ha.

6 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

Consider the source.

1 Like

No mention of the fact that despite his claims to be a captain, he only has the stripes of a commander.

4 Likes

What am I thinking?!

If you’re using milk or milk-like substances, that makes it Cap’n Crunch Chowder, doesn’t it?

9 Likes

Chowd’arrr…

8 Likes

The one thing I have to say about Clickhole is that supergreatfriend’s playthroughs of their surreal Choose-Your-Own-Adventures are a real treat.

Man, I just LOVE his character in Good Omens.

Talk Like A Pirate Day was three weeks ago…

2 Likes

Cap’n Crunch hacked my calendar app when he stole my phone for crypto-curr’ncy mining.

3 Likes

I’ll have to confess ignorance to that one. I’ll look up Good Omens, and explain that culturally, I more or less live under a rock.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oh! Read the book first! Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman tackle the apocalypse!

4 Likes

I haven’t read any fiction in years (last fiction book I read was Finnegans Wake, over ten years ago) but I’ll check it out, and see how it feels. Fortunately there are still book and mortar books stores where one can do that sort of thing.

Funny, for some reason my mind interpreted Neil Gaiman as Douglas Adams.

2 Likes

It’s short and funny, so should be an enjoyable read for you.

I guess that Gaiman did write a book about Adams, so there’s that… also, all those British fantasy writers look alike! :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll give it a try. My wife will be surprised and amused. “Hey, you’re reading something that isn’t so serious or dry. What’s wrong?”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.