Clinton apologizes after calling Trump's bigoted supporters "deplorable"

Pretty much all the cognitive dissonance you are using to convince yourself Clinton isn’t so bad, is exactly the same thing some Trump supporters are doing.

See, everyone is more alike than one realizes.

And another example.

I am not saying everything dumped on Clinton she deserves. I am not saying she hasn’t been targeted unfairly. I am not even saying Trump isn’t a horrible person. But there has been enough of her actions that I know left wing people who deplore her. Some enough so to vote Green Party. I mean, you did watch some of Bernie’s speeches? Obama’s speeches from 2008? It isn’t like the only people criticizing her are part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Tell me though, can you think of Republican politicians or supporters with allegations and rumors swirling around them. Even though nothing has ever officially “stuck”, do you still think they are completely innocent of what they are accused of? Heck Trump has been accused of things that didn’t stick, are you saying in your heart of hearts you feel he was unjustly accused, or did he just manage to get away with it? Why would that be different for Clinton or any other politician?

This section isn’t directed at anyone, but general statement:

Don’t act like your shit doesn’t stink.

The current political climate is the biggest shit show in my limited living memory. You want it to get worse? Keep thinking that who ever votes R or D is automatically deplorable. Continue divisive thinking and separation into two exclusive camps. Automatically assume you know how a person thinks and acts because they may have voiced support for one thing or another. Once everyone is neatly labeled, you can join in with your “team”, talk about how horrible the other side is. No need to exchange meaningful opinions or ideas, just retreat to the safe space of like minded folks and trade half truth memes about how horrible the other side is. Hey, it works for ignorant racists rednecks, so it may as well work for you too!

Or maybe work on being better and not turn into what you hate.

5 Likes