“Colorado is tied for state with the least shark attacks!” tweets proud governor

Originally published at: "Colorado is tied for state with the least shark attacks!" tweets proud governor | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Heh. I like the cut of this guy’s fin.

15 Likes

Is it Shark Week already?

7 Likes

I thought it was funny!

My concern is, how did New Mexico, etc. have even one shark attack? Land shark?

14 Likes

“Tonight, on Discovery Channel; WHEN SHARKS DON’T ATTACK!!”

7 Likes

I’d like to know the story behind the shark attacks in New Mexico, Kentucky, Missouri and Illinois.

14 Likes

Sure, maybe in this millennia.

4 Likes

It’s that Kentucky-Illinois-Missouri cluster I’m worried about. It implies there are sharks in the Mississippi, and that Arkansas and Tennessee have developed a strategy to avoid them that they aren’t sharing with their upstream neighbors

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Well. . . looking at that map, now I’m going to have to look into the one shark attack in Alaska.

That one is just legit global warming.

4 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks.

I wonder too if over fishing is partially to blame. Loss of habitat, loss of food sources, sharks looking for new hunting grounds, etc.

1 Like

I seriously doubt that nobody in Colorado has played Shark Attack

1 Like

Had to be posted:

Also, I think New Hampshire should win the tie break since they have an actual coastline

8 Likes

Land Shark. They’re especially aggressive on Saturday Nights around the New York City area, but have been sighted across the US.

1 Like

Colorado is crawling with sharks. We’re just taught from an early age to be more careful about them.

6 Likes

Fewest. It needed to be said.

9 Likes

I believe that in the states along the Mississippi River, it was a bull shark - don’t quote me on that, but that’s what I seem to recall. Bull sharks are known for being able to tolerate brackish water and even fresh water, and for being particularly ornery. I’d look it up to be sure, but I’m an old man and there’s a bunch of kids out there on my lawn.

3 Likes