Congressman asks if women could swallow cameras for gynecological exams before abortion

You forgot to end the preceeding sentence with punctuation.

1 Like

And that only included live births, not miscarriages, stillbirths, or the fact that the most likely time for a woman to be battered and/or killed is when she is pregnant.

3 Likes

Yes.

Yes.

So wait, a vote about reproductive health policy just so happened to come out in perfect accordance with political party affiliation?

WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!!

4 Likes

I’m confused, I thought women were able to spontaneously avert conception with their lady parts?

9 Likes

Yes indeed, definitely, just as soon as she wants to abort her stomach! Or maybe her intestinal tract… I don’t blame this asshole. I blame all the assholes who voted for him.

What is the problem? The republican party is the party of limited role of government in our lives. Personal liberty. Right?

Imagine if the republican party attempted to use government to control mens’ penises instead of just womens’ vaginas. I wonder how long that would last.

Barry Goldwater, the founder of republican conservatism, warned us all about the cancer of Jerry Falwell and the “Moral Majority” groups. The Jerry Falwell evangelicals had just left the democrat party during the Reagan revolution to join the republican party (and take it over). Barry Goldwater was then shut out of the republican party for daring to warn us that they were a cancer and that the GOP should not let them in. The GOP instead catered to the religious party (NO, they never were, and still aren’t, a political party. They are exclusively a RELIGIOUS party). They are CINOs… Conservative in Name Only.

The republican party no longer advances republican values. Nor even family values. Against gay marriage? Against family?

If you want Ted Cruz to own your vagina, or want Mark Rubio to tell your wife or girlfriend what she can and cannot do with her vagina and internal organs, vote republican. After 25 years of being a devout Barry Goldwater conservative libertarian republican, I have become an enemy of the republican party. They no longer represent the values I have long cherished.

6 Likes

Just how big are those cameras/transducers?

It’s a quite harsh thing, hormonally. Plus the low but existing rate of complications.

Absolutely no contest here.

I explicitly said I consider it the lowest-risk, least-bad, option (for the inevitable cases where prevention fails) and am in favor of availability. I am agreeing with you. No need to be preemptively adversarial.

I did some, though likely not in such depth. Before I finished, the consultee reported the potential problem is confirmed a non-problem. Longer story, and the mistake involved was not even mine.

Since no one has said it yet…

Fucking female reproductive systems, how do they work?

5 Likes

I have the perfect book for you.

2 Likes

It’s a quite harsh thing, hormonally.

What does this even MEAN? Periods are quite harsh things, hormonally. Christ, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

But thank you so much for taking the time to 'splain to me how abortions and “hormones” work and their effects on the female body even though you actually have no fucking idea how they work.

Just like rape. You’re on a ROLL today.

“Hormonally charged” … are you even reading what you write? Jesus fuck. I know how hormones work. I really don’t think you do.

“I was being rhetorical, because I was trying to make the point that
equalizing a colonoscopy to this particular procedure was apples and
oranges… So I was asking a rhetorical question that was designed to
make her say that they weren’t the same thing, and she did so. It was
the response I wanted.”

Yeah, the man is still an idiot.

3 Likes

What do you expect in a culture whose adults can’t have an open, mature conversation about sexuality? He honestly didn’t know because understanding vaginas is icky and immoral, everyone knows that.

I like the LOL suggestion - could be a smiley face :smile:

This is what I thought. If we were working on technology to do a long distance self-service ultrasound, I would imagine that, rather than swallowing a device, you would hold the device a few inches below your navel. Swallowing would just make things harder, and not really get any close to the uterus.

I agree with you about the problem being how he votes and that we don’t necessarily have a good reason to think he’s got the basic which-hole-connects-to-which structure confused. Based on the reading, I’d even guess that he is telling the truth about making his rhetorical approach. On the other hand, that seems like a dirty argumentative tactic where he was trying to say, “Well, colonoscopies and abortions are different” without actually saying that so that he wouldn’t be asked the question “Okay, but how is the difference between them important to this discussion?” Charitably, he had a rhetorical flourish that wouldn’t stand up to substantive scrutiny. By making it he opened himself up to people thinking he doesn’t know which hole connects to which. I’m enjoying the petard hoist.

1 Like

Oh yeah, huge zing on her part.

For anyone who thinks the conservative healthcare crazies are only on the left side of the
pond…

1 Like

*preceding

They have plenty descendants, mind.