Conservative Karl Rove sides with Biden rather than Trump when comparing their classified doc problems (video)

Using a whiteboard

Fucking copycat. Whiteboards are only effective if you actually know how to use them effectively.

Whiteboard Katie Porter GIF by GIPHY News

16 Likes

FTFY. It’s not just dRumpf Jr’s. nose candy.

4 Likes

Not even. This is like calling the cops on yourself to declare that you were speeding, vs the escapades of the Blues Brothers.

14 Likes

Try them both. The facts speak for themselves. Wait until Biden is out of office after his second term though. Have to keep a level playing field.

3 Likes

As Beau pointed out, given that a) the DoJ prosecutor is a Trump appointee, and b) this happened in November, and c) we’re only hearing about it now, with no mention of charges, I’d say the DoJ has already made up its mind that there’s little of interest here for the criminal justice system.

7 Likes

Karl Rove? Phhhhttt - just a RINO … /s

2 Likes

I know someone who worked for the George HW Bush library. He would travel occasionally to DC and Langley to return classified documents that got mixed up with the presidential papers. So this is not unheard of.

With Biden, this is the process and system working given the rules and established norms. It’s also what happens when you have librarians, archivists, and historians handling these materials. Not republican lunks hauling junk.

12 Likes

Please tell me that was a Poe’s Law violation and I misread your sarcasm.

No need for a trial with one. Biden admitted fault and made restitution prior to any kind of law enforcement action. At worst he would get a stern finger wagging reprimand or a token fine.

Trump ignored requests, violated subpoenas, lost, sold or damaged the documents in question and made bad excuses for his actions. He committed multiple felonies here deserving of major prison time.

To keep the auto analogy going, its the difference between telling a town you were illegally parked that one time and driving a car through a parade.

12 Likes

Um… NO? His people handed the documents over as soon as the papers were discovered. You have to imagine that papers go missing sometimes in such a massive bureaucracy as the executive branch, and as long as they’re handed over and an investigation is cooperated with, that’s general okay. There is no evidence that it was anything other than a mix up, and it does not seem like Biden is stonewalling anything… Unlike Trump, who took documents, and refused them over for months when asked.

Both sides are NOT the same here. A level playing field will be actual going after the one involved in verifiable criminal activity, and that is Trump.

12 Likes

They don’t need to. They’re using it the way they always do. “See? The librul media criticized Trump for this same thing while their guy is just as bad!” The fact that they’re indicting Trump in the same breath goes intentionally unnoticed by the intended audience.

There’s always a way to spin the situation to your needs when you aren’t concerned about facts, ethics, or journalistic standards.

10 Likes

Maybe, but I am still not going to watch a video of Karl Rove…

8 Likes

As a former radiology film library clerk, I can attest that no matter what kind of safeguards you have in place, folks are going to fuck it up. I was employed right around the time our hospital was making the switch to digitization of x-rays, but still checked out files to in-house physicians. One of my occasional jobs was to hunt down and return physical files, and I can say with confidence that many, many files went missing because certain residents would hoard them in the physician sleep rooms and we didn’t have permission to go in and retrieve them. We’re talking about entire cartfuls of files.

12 Likes

Almost.

tumblr_m0fjhvO8Qu1rprz3po1_500

4 Likes

Wild speculation on my part, but if it turns out that Biden never saw or requested
these documents, as he professes, and there is no evidence that anyone in his
administration acquired/transported them, could they be a “plant”, placed there to discredit the administration ?
If authentic, the documents would have to come from some source other than the national archives. If only we knew the location/holders of such undisclosed, missing documents~ :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Really - just arrest Biden too.

Man, in twenty years, am I going to be saying something like, “I never thought agree with MTG on anything, but she’s at least making sense when she calls out President Kodos!”?

7 Likes

The stuff I’ve read said it was “classified”, but at a lower category than SCI. (The kind that aren’t even supposed to leave a room.) Mark Levin and Dan Oingoboingo were all in a tizzy about it last night, and if it had been said they were SCI or some other higher form of Classified documents, they for sure would have been hitting that point home.

If Biden DID have those, then Jesus H Christ, can we get a division of people for administration transitions who are making sure people aren’t shoving classified materials into file boxes by mistakes/on purpose?

3 Likes

The Reverse Watergate theory is entirely plausible at this point.

4 Likes

From the CNN article @Akimbo_NOT posted on the Biden Admin topic a couple days ago:

The classified materials included some top-secret files with the “sensitive compartmented information” designation, also known as SCI, which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources.

That’s why I asked if there was an update or correction.

It also makes me wonder about whether these were planted. Biden is computer-literate and would not need SCI documents printed out (they are stored on airgapped tablets for viewing within a SCIF, not as paper documents).

Which president in recent history is not computer literate and wanted everything printed out? Hmmm…

10 Likes

It’d be a shame if someone were to sweep all gQp offices and homes for classified docs…

5 Likes