Contactless door opener and stylus

One assumption might be if the metal being used is softer than the glass it won’t scratch it. But those are things i don’t know enough about to say one way or another.

I am aware of NFC Google and Apple pay but yes such methods are not widely supported in the area I live despite there being no end to the wealthy people in this area.

I do not trust giving Google or Apple my information to pay for everything as well. It’s bad enough I trust PayPal but I only use it when I have to.

I don’t really carry hand sanitizer on me because it’s very hard to find still, and there are still people around here who refuse to wear masks even in grocery stores and I am told by the grocery store management they cannot do anything against these people which is bullshit

3 Likes

Here in Germany (Bavaria, to be precise) supermarkets had to get “bouncers” to make sure each shopper had a cart, wore a mask and so on before entering. No carts left? That means capacity is reached. There with your spouse? You both need a cart, because that’s how capacity is maintained. If you don’t like it, well, tough. The supermarket isn’t going to risk a hefty fine because you feel inconvenienced.

Which is a far, far cry from what my parents tell me is going on in Texas.

14 Likes

Is it velociraptor compatible?

Dude, in Texas the wife would pull a Glock 9mm out of her purse and threaten you with it if you told her that :roll_eyes::laughing: (Texan here, so not just speculating)

1 Like

And people wonder why the EU is planning on forcing a quarantine on anyone who comes from the USA (or even visited it via a third country, so no sneaking in around other routes).

Or why I prefer being an expatriate.

7 Likes

Yes that’s because your country is full of sane people.

Can you tell me how I can move there?

I am tired of being left awash in a sea of idiots please god save me from my idiot countrymen

6 Likes

brassy is a euphemism for: it’s plated to look like brass but in a few months that wears off and it will look like the aluminum it’s made of.

2 Likes

Please don’t let this concept end here. It deserves an Onion article, a sketch show, a netflix series, something!

2 Likes

Um… Wow. I want one o.o’ .

Paging Dr. Leo Marvin

Wow! That’s WAY cheaper than the one in the Boing Boing Store!

1 Like

If you have one of these, any self respecting cop will arrest you for having a burglary tool.

(Name checks out.)

1 Like

You magnificent bastard.

dOJt6XZlQw8qQ

Well, if a cop doesn’t like you, anything will be called a burglary tool, a weapon or drugs, or some of the same will be found for you, especially if you are a minority. :-/

(Heck, a mask and disposable gloves could be called burglar tools…)

1 Like

(You’d be representing a substantial change to the design, which carries weight in the USPTO. I can give you people to talk to about this if you’d like.)

2 Likes

I have a wee hole, too!

I’m white and middle aged, does that help?

(Of course it does, I drove around with bolt cutters in the back seat of my car for a year, and nobody said word 1)

1 Like

Seen today at the pharmacy counter; did not see the price, though.

IMG_20200629_105208