Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

In this area, considering the previous admin, doing absolutely nothing is a huge step up. It is tragic that this is the bar to clear now, one earthworms do with ease, but it is where we are, apparently.

17 Likes

Sheā€™s so close to awareness, Iā€™d almost hate to explain it to her. Almostā€¦

If he was really on the left, he would be taking action to help nurses, doctors, schoolteachers, caregivers, and wait staff who have soldiered through the pandemic and are burnt out. We need to double the number of nurses and docs we train, dramatically increase pay for public school teachers, and provide mandatory paid sick leave/vacation/schedule visibility to retail workers and wait staff. That would be ever so slightly left-ish.

16 Likes

Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

16 Likes

What is it about the Biden administration that makes it so difficult to find information on programs and funding aimed at improving healthcare, providing assistance to caregivers, and supporting teachers? :thinking:

Maybe thereā€™s something messing with the White Houseā€™s ranking in search results. Or heā€™s further on the left than some folks would like to believe. :woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

I support all of that. But those policies read like suggestions. That doesnā€™t cut it against entrenched interest groups - which are often the groups that unfortunately represent those professions when it comes to lobbying the government. The AMA isnā€™t going to take that suggestion. Heā€™s going to have to force that change with executive action.

10 Likes

ā€¦ yeah but if far-left cranks donā€™t attack somebody with a big name they wonā€™t get any clicks at all :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

ā€¦ this is the current graph

10 Likes
13 Likes

On my flight last week I only saw 2 people wearing masks. Myself being one of them.

Weird- stuck in a very cramped metal tube and no one thinks their own lives have value. :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

Yeahā€¦ every day, fewer and fewer people around these parts are masking on the regular, other than me and my familyā€¦

13 Likes

At sectionals last night, I was the only person masked. In the full chorus there are more (about 1/4 still mask), but I was truly surprised to see how quickly it has fallen off in an activity that literally involves breathing hard on people sitting very close to you.

15 Likes

These articles on protein decoys and a vaccine that effectively fights multiple variants were somewhat encouraging. Not sure how long weā€™ll have to wait before trials of next-gen vaccines are done, though. In the meantime, maybe mucosal vaccines will make a comeback in Western countries:

14 Likes

fwiw, i think ive heard that the planeā€™s air is cycled through fairly quickly, and itā€™s the terminals that are the place of madness. the crowds of unwashed masses

are airline employees wearing masks these days?

12 Likes

Every once and a while, there will be one, but basically: no.

12 Likes

Only one flight attendant was.

The planes have hepa filtration of the air. Which is good. And you can open the vent onto yourself to push away other air. But someone sitting crunched up against you in those tiny seats is still too close without a mask. And the space between rows has shrunk too. My knees barely fit.

15 Likes

oh right. seatmates, and yeah: the ever shrinking seats. ( *shiver* who even knows where those peopleā€™s bodies have been? )

i figure iā€™ll probably have to fly again eventually. i am definitely not looking forward to it

9 Likes

ā€˜Microclotsā€™ could help solve the long COVID puzzle

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/article/microclots-pots-long-covid-treatment-diagnosis

12 Likes
16 Likes

Project Veritas is still a thing? And anyone, even Fucker, pays them any attention? Sigh. You canā€™t fix stupid.

18 Likes

If it is Project Veritas, itā€™s always a lie.

15 Likes