Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

10 Likes
6 Likes

I gotta go withā€¦ WTF CDC? It looks like they put this out yesterday.

2 Likes
4 Likes

NYC was the canary for the rest of the nation in 2020.

7 Likes

Wear a mask so you wonā€™t get sick.

Whatever happened to also wearing one so others donā€™t get sick?

I often think individualism is as bad a disease or worse than Covid.

11 Likes

ā€¦ I thought the whole point was ā€œwear a mask so other people wonā€™t get sickā€ :confused:

10 Likes

Thatā€™s my primary reason for doing so, even when not sick. If Iā€™m carrying something, but am asymptomatic, I would hate to spread itā€¦

7 Likes

I watched the video, and can only say so far that I sure hope itā€™s true that relief for long Covid and more can be so simple. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes
8 Likes

Another anecdotal report, Iā€™m mainly over the viruseā€™s immediate effects, but seem to be suffering some of the ā€œlong COVIDā€ symptoms. Inflammation, especially. Itā€™s hitting every single muscle or tendon Iā€™d had previous injuries in. Sometimes itā€™s just aches and pains, sometimes it feels like someone has a voodoo doll of me and theyā€™re poking needles into my knees or back, and it sends a fiery burning pain down the whole tendon or muscle.
I know itā€™s different for everyone, but this is not something you want to fuck around with, or give to your family.
Be safe, fellow mutants.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Honestly, I did not know it was still around, but there you go.

This interested me. though:

Already, the World Health Organizationā€™s vaccine advisory committee has advised that countries this year should switch to monovalent vaccines that target the XBB lineage, the latest omicron sublineage to dominate transmission. In a statement released May 18, WHO advisers recommended that countries ditch the current bivalent formulasā€”which target both the ancestral SARS-CoV-2 virus and an omicron subvariantā€”because continuing to target the ancestral strain doesnā€™t seem to boost protection against current strains. Moreover, keeping the ancestral strain in the shots ā€œreduces the concentration of the new target antigen(s) as compared to monovalent vaccines.ā€

It is an ever-moving target.

15 Likes

Seems like we should give a moment to remember that they jumped in and created something that worked AT THE TIME when the world needed it, respect that, and then accept that now we have 2.0 versions that work better.

13 Likes

15 Likes
10 Likes

In other news, a formerly cheap diabetes drug is no longer cheap (probably)

6 Likes

Metformin has been demonstrated to have a plethora (we donā€™t use that word enough!) of health benefits. This is good news, but Iā€™m not too shocked. This is a pluripotent just plain good drug.

10 Likes

A word of caution to everyone but you, @docosc: it can have severe side effects, as you can find out if you dive into the deeps of the medical information available. Or just do a quick check on the Wikipedia.

(I know you didnā€™t mean ā€œplain good drugā€ to be interpreted as ā€œgo get the stuff, it is safe and you should try itā€. However, since I very recently had discussions about self-medication I did not expect to have with these particular persons, I am, yet again, a bit shaken in my assumptions. :scream:)

6 Likes

Wackadoodle was wackadoodling today, notice she was also upset about using the word people instead of woman.

Iā€™d also like to talk to you on behalf of all the pregnant womenā€”not people as you call them. To quote you on August 8, 2021, ā€˜CDC encourages all pregnant peopleā€”itā€™s women, by the wayā€”[and those] who are thinking about becoming pregnant and those breastfeeding to get vaccinated to protect themselves from covid-19. [holds up a chart] This has also been ignored, the amount of miscarriages and stillbirths that increased drastically due to your advice to get vaccinated. Pregnant women again, not people.

2 Likes